Premier Inn Edinburgh City Centre (Princes Street) Hotel
Hotels.com
US$150
US$113
  • Restaurant
Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$272
The Place(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$117
  • Restaurant
Cairn Hotel Edinburgh(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$79
  • Bar/Lounge
US$80
US$63
Agoda.com
Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$268
US$246
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$130
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Edinburgh(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$78
  • Pool
2,931 results
All reviewsprinces streetopposite the castlegreat locationcastle viewmeal dealrose streetfamily roombudget hotelexcellent staygood nights sleeproom was spotlesstrain stationwould definitely stay here againnight's sleepbars and restaurantsshort breakroyal mile
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Excellent accommodation in central Edinburgh. Large room, clean. Excellent and plentiful breakfast. Great hospitality and kindness. Comfortable beds, great pillows. We hope to have the opportunity to return

1  Thank Andrea M
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Great location, really friendly and helpful staff, rooms do all they need to, hearty and late breakfast, can leave bags, real feeling of staff caring about your stay rather than following corporate demands. All on a reasonable budget.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cjyatesy
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Really comfortable stay in this excellent hotel. Was made especially good by the fantastic friendly helpful team on reception and the great breakfast. hotel is superbly located on Princes St, with great access to Trams for easy transfer to the Airport

1  Thank Andrew L
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Stayed at this hotel with my wife as we had received an amber package for the Royal Military Tattoo, from our family for our anniversary. Good location on Princess Street but no car park, as you might expect on Princess street. Even the Queen can't park here. You have to use the NCP car park at Castle Terrace and get your token validated by the hotel. This means you pay £10.00 for 24 hours which for Edinburgh is relatively cheap. Some might even say a bargain. The hotel entrance is basically a door on Princess Street and you get the lift up to the second floor to reception which is a small desk. Check in was pretty painless and the girl asked if we had stayed with PI before. When I said yes she asked if we wanted breakfast, took the credit card and handed us the keys.
The room we were allocated was a disabled room , No: 324 which we knew before we booked as this was apparently the last room available. Good view of the castle but the room had an odd smell which I think was a lack of fresh air. All the windows were locked so I went to reception and asked if I could get the windows opened, but was informed that they were ALL locked and couldn't be opened. I hope someone from Premier Inn reads this and does something about this as it did in fact spoil the whole experience. When we returned later from the Tattoo, the smell hit you as soon as you opened the door.
Breakfast was the usual Premier Inn, eat as much as you like. I had to remind the waitress that I had ordered poached eggs, which I think she had forgotten about and blamed the poor chef, but it wasn't a big deal. She eventually brought them when I had virtually finished and was very apologetic. I much preferred it in the good old days when they used to bring you tea / coffee / toast to your table. Considering the price of £8.75 a head I think they should think about re-introducing this practise, but I doubt it.
Best thing about this hotel is without doubt the location which is within walking distance of pretty much everything in the centre of Edinburgh. Pricey at £189.00 / night but accommodation in Edinburgh that's this close to everything is never going to be cheap.
I hope the manager or better still the area manager reads this and gets the keys to open the flaming windows and let some fresh air in.

Room Tip: Don't book room number 324. This room needs a serious airing
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Bigwillcumbernauld
Reviewed 26 August 2014

First experience of Premier Inn and overall it was a very pleasant one. Rooms were clean and comfortable and staff helpful. The hotel could not really be better located and it represents good value compared to a number of its less well situated and expensive competitors.

Room Tip: Stayed at rear of hotel so unable to assess noise at front.
1  Thank Jlgcause