“Hit The Spot”
Review of Abida

Abida
Reserve with OpenTable
Abida is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #953 of 2,478 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Chinese, Indian, Thai, Cafe, Pub, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Hit The Spot”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Went with two colleagues for a business lunch, we pre booked when there was no need as for the duration of our meal we were the only patrons. We plumped for the £7.50 Lunch I had the Thai while the other two plumped for the Indian, My starter was Thai fish cakes with a chilli sauce 3 cakes arrived they were spicy but with the sauce with a kick were acceptable to my pallet . My colleagues from the Indian menu both had vegetable pakora's with a curry sauce which the both enjoyed as their starters , for the main course I had Thai Lamb Green Curry it was filling a bit too much coconut for my liking but very edible and nan and rice to accompany it.
The others had Chicken Pathia and Chicken Madras respectfully both cleared the plate to finish they had coffee I had ice cream all three of us had juice and the bill came to just under £40 which I would say was defiantly value for money , if I'm back in the area I will return.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank colin601

“Very good”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Can't fault it really. Food was good as was the service. Always a friendly welcome, it's clean and there is a good choice on the menu. Always presented well so a thumbs up for the Abida.

Visited September 2013
Edinburgh
“Waiter was good at texting”
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Giving it a 3 just,the order was wright and came on time,but it was the first time a waiter put a bottle of beer down and an empty glass without filling the glass,nothing important but it's those wee things that you look for.
My food was really good,my wife wasn't that impressed with hers she thought it was really bland
Am glad it wasn't our waiter who spent most of his time texting on his mobile phone between servicing customers.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank andyhEdinburgh
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“the worst restaurant I have ever experienced”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I went along one Tuesday night for a meal whilst waiting to go to the airport. The restaurant was empty which should have been a warning sign but I was recommended by shop assistant nearby. I have never before experienced such rude and appalling treatment at the hands of waiting staff. The waiter seemed extremely annoyed that I was there and made me feel like the most disgusting human being he had ever set eyes on. I ordered a glass of water that was warm and when I complained to bar man was made to feel like how dare I complain.The food when it arrived was inedible and disgusting and I really felt like leaving without paying it was so bad. Please do not go to this restaurant - you will be traumatized for days afterwards by the most rude and ignorant human beings you have had the bad luck to encounter.

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank imhope
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Nothing special”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I went with work friends after a team meeting at about 8pm on a Sunday night so the restaurant was quiet. The meal its self was nothing special it was nice but nothing that would draw me back. the pakora was greasy and the korma sauce was a bit too thick although it still had nice flavour. It was clean and the service was average - they didn't go the extra mile (we had to ask them to come over and take our drinks).
One of the team had a nut allergy which was catered for pretty well and our food was put on trays to keep them hot in the middle of the table which you don't see in all restuarants. I would return but wouldn't be my first choice of Indian in Edinburgh.

• Visited February 2014