“Brilliant hotel”

Ranked #121 of 149 Hotels in Edinburgh
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Brilliant hotel”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

A very friendly greeting from the check in staff in a central location to the city centre. I opted to get a taxi from the station as it was a hot day and I had heavy luggage. The taxi cost £6.

The room was immaculate and was spacious and had all the facilities that you would need.

The staff were very friendly but I find that in Edinburgh anyway.

I did not hear any noise from the room even though I had the windows open as it was warm out.

Can't wait to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Andrew M, General Manager at Rabble, responded to this review, 15 October 2014
Thank you very much for taking time in writing this very kind review

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Hobart, Australia
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We got a friendly greeting from the staff and the room was clean and comfortable, albeit on the small side. The location is excellent, close to the centre of Princes St. OK value for money, and a nice bar and restaurant downstairs (although it looked a bit upmarket for us so we ate at the pub down the street). Apart from the odd smell on the stairs Rick's was fine for what we needed for one night, although we would have slept better if the garbage cans weren't emptied first thing in the morning in the alley right outside our window.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Andrew M, General Manager at Rabble, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you for your review.

I'm very sorry you didn't manage to eat with us, as we have a great menu with lots of options for all.

We are right in the city centre, so unfortunately we can be affected with street noise.

england
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed two nights, I would recommend this hotel, it is a great are very near to attractions, the rooms were nice with a mini bar, ghd straighteners, free water and tea and coffee. The staff are very friendly and attentive. I have only one negative comment which is that passing up the stairs to go to the bedrooms you can smell cooking oil from the kitchens which is not a pleasant smell, I must add that you can not smell the oil from the bedrooms, the dinning room or anywhere else. I would definable return to this hotel and recommend it. .

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Andrew M, General Manager at Rabble, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you for your review.

We agree that our location cannot be beaten!
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I have visited Rick's twice through 5pm deals and have always been thoroughly chuffed with my experience. The rooms are clean and well decorated. The food and cocktails are lovely. The staff are attentive and even recommended bars to go to nearby. It's a treat to stay at Ricks.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TCat14
Andrew M, General Manager at Rabble, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Great to hear such a great review. Thank you
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Room was small but comfortable. Good value, but service was haphazard. Food good except for the smoked haddock fish cakes that only had a smell of fish ! Nice wines. Close to centre for all attractions .

• Stayed May 2014
Andrew M, General Manager at Rabble, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you for taking time to write your review
Bromley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This hotel is set in a really good location for a stay in Edinburgh. The rooms are very clean and the bed comfortable with lots of added extras (Ipod, hairdryer, GHDs, complimentary bottled water, White Company toiletries etc - lots of nice finishing touches). Good power shower. The staff were charming - polite, cheerful and very helpful.
Breakfast was really good and we also had a £10.00 evening meal, which was very good and excellent value (with added on some very well made cocktails and dessert).
Although I agree with previous reviewers, that this can be noisy (unfortunately there was roadworks and drilling going on during out stay - not a hotel issue), I always prepare myself for some noise when staying in a city centre hotel and this would not stop me from staying here again when I next visit Edinburgh.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TentpegAG
Andrew M, General Manager at Rabble, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you very much for your very kind review.
Livingston, Scotland
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I had wanted to stay at Rick's for a whiIe - the marketing made the hotel looked stylish and chic. I was, however, disappointed with my experience of the boutique hotel. I felt that the rooms here are not representative of a 4 star venue. They were dark and dingy with cheap fittings. Bathrooms are badly designed, poorly maintained and not particularly clean. There were more cracked tiles than complete ones.
The only saving grace was friendly staff and a nice restaurant/bar. The downstairs area seemed to be a totally different venue from what was upstairs. The service we received from the girl on the bar was brilliant – very friendly and attentive.
The staff were gracious with our complaint and tried to help, but unfortunately I just felt that the standard of rooms was not acceptable for a “4 star” venue.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank caz141
Andrew M, General Manager at Rabble, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you for taking time to write your review.

Since your stay we have had an over hall of all the rooms, to bring them back to a standard to match the bar and restaurant.

It is very nice to hear that your experience in our and restaurant was an enjoyable, and I hope you will come back to give us another try.

Thank you again for your review.