“Scottish Heaven”
Review of Number 29

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Number 29
Ranked #79 of 389 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Manila, Philippines
“Scottish Heaven”
Reviewed 2 June 2012

My sister (18), brother (13) and I (23) absolutely loved our night's stay with Simon and Corinne. My brother loved it so much he wanted to change our entire itinerary to go back to Edinburgh after London. I wish we had!

We were given the first floor 'room' with a separate living room and a four poster bed. Its floor-to-ceiling windows opened out to a fantastic view of St Mary's Church. I swear, I felt like I was transported into one of those luxury home magazines. The room was so elegantly furnished and there was a cupboard that I went all Mr-Collins-from-Pride-and-Prejudice for. Number 29 is definitely all things bright and beautiful.

Simon and Corinne were so kind and friendly. They whipped us up a fantastic breakfast—the traditional English AND rhubarb muffins—and let us play with their lovely fat cats, Maisie and Archie. I can't wait to return to Number 29!

Location: 20-minute walk to the centre, good bus connections, 7-minute walk to the train station for day trips to Stirling, etc.
Cleanliness: PRISTINE. I loved the white bathroom.

Room Tip: Every room is beautiful, but honeymooners and families should definitely get the first floor suite.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank arnique

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Edinburugh
Reviewed 5 May 2012

We stumbled upon this hidden gem whilst looking for a place to stay in Edinburgh!It has fantastic,comfortable,spacious accommodation;With a luxurious bathroom and bedroom.The breakfast was delicious with a choice of cereals,yogurts,fresh fruit,toast and of course a full English if required,along with juice and tea or coffee.It is central to all of the tourist areas and shopping.I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Katharine C
Gornsdorf
Reviewed 30 April 2012

In April 2012 I spent my holidays in Edinburgh. My accommodation was the B&B Number 29.
It is a newly renovated New Townhouse near the centre of town.
All the places of interest in Edinburgh are within easy walking distance.
My room was very beautifully furnished. There was a lovely bed with a soft and cuddly duvet and a big flatscreen TV. In the bathroom there was a huge wash basin and a wonderful shower. The castle can be seen from the window.
For breakfast there was everything tea, juice, milk, fruit, cereals, yoghurt, eggs, bacon, sausages, tomatoes, ….. and everything was fresh.
Simon and Corinne can give you al lot of information on where to go and where to eat.
When I come back to Edinburgh Number 29 will be my first choice.

Room Tip: Second Floor, Room Three: the sun will wake you up.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo