“Why oh why can you only rate to 5? 29 deserves soooooi much more, yes it really does”
Review of Number 29

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Number 29
Ranked #79 of 389 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 July 2012

A birthday treat from my rather darling wife. Walk in and your breath is taken away get ready to faint it just gets better and better the genuine and suncere welcome, the attitude that nothing is too much trouble. Room No 1 was my pleasure to enjoy, room it is not, a gigantic suite yet so comfortable and warm,restored with an unbelievale eye for originality, colour and oh so subtle detail, a real lesson to those that aspire to that now slightly overworked title of boutique ........whatever they think they are doing. Breakfast to die for cooked to order, freshly squeezed juice , quality, quality, quality... This should be a review, I could honestly write a dIssertatIon on how 29 leads Scotland if not the world on luxury B & B if you can call 29 B&B I think they have created a whole new concept. Thank you for making my birthday so very, very special. I suppose I should thank my wife also for being clever enough to find you. 29 is no gem or jewel 29is the Khoinoor and every precious thing you can think of. Go relax enjoy and tell others. Then we all win.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank celticwanderer2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Buckinghamshire
Reviewed 6 June 2012

Simon ,Corinne and Emily may have only recently opened their luxury B &B but they have undoubtedly invested a lot of time, effort and one suspects expense in creating this fantastic urban retreat. The rooms are all beautifully designed. The original features of this lovely Georgian house have been lovingly restored and enhanced with a wonderful juxtaposition of old and new. We stayed in room 1 which serves as a suite for those travelling without children or a large two bed apartment /room for those travelling as we did with our very tall teenage son. The room is wonderfully light with tall regency windows with shutters giving privacy and style. The 4 poster bed was tasteful and very comfortable and the roll top bath the height of luxury.
Breakfast was well cooked and locally sourced. We all had a full cooked breakfasts but smoked salmon, fresh fruit, yoghurt were all available.
I have to admit that we nearly didn't write a review for Number 29 for fear our little secret would be discoved but that really would be too too selfish. Simon ,Corinne and Emily Re all a delight and deserve to make a success of their new venture. I just hope there is room for us next time we are up in Edinburgh.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are well designed and beautifully fitted but room 1 is just that little bit special...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank familythree2010
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 2 June 2012

My sister (18), brother (13) and I (23) absolutely loved our night's stay with Simon and Corinne. My brother loved it so much he wanted to change our entire itinerary to go back to Edinburgh after London. I wish we had!

We were given the first floor 'room' with a separate living room and a four poster bed. Its floor-to-ceiling windows opened out to a fantastic view of St Mary's Church. I swear, I felt like I was transported into one of those luxury home magazines. The room was so elegantly furnished and there was a cupboard that I went all Mr-Collins-from-Pride-and-Prejudice for. Number 29 is definitely all things bright and beautiful.

Simon and Corinne were so kind and friendly. They whipped us up a fantastic breakfast—the traditional English AND rhubarb muffins—and let us play with their lovely fat cats, Maisie and Archie. I can't wait to return to Number 29!

Location: 20-minute walk to the centre, good bus connections, 7-minute walk to the train station for day trips to Stirling, etc.
Cleanliness: PRISTINE. I loved the white bathroom.

Room Tip: Every room is beautiful, but honeymooners and families should definitely get the first floor suite.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank arnique
Edinburugh
Reviewed 5 May 2012

We stumbled upon this hidden gem whilst looking for a place to stay in Edinburgh!It has fantastic,comfortable,spacious accommodation;With a luxurious bathroom and bedroom.The breakfast was delicious with a choice of cereals,yogurts,fresh fruit,toast and of course a full English if required,along with juice and tea or coffee.It is central to all of the tourist areas and shopping.I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Katharine C
Gornsdorf
Reviewed 30 April 2012

In April 2012 I spent my holidays in Edinburgh. My accommodation was the B&B Number 29.
It is a newly renovated New Townhouse near the centre of town.
All the places of interest in Edinburgh are within easy walking distance.
My room was very beautifully furnished. There was a lovely bed with a soft and cuddly duvet and a big flatscreen TV. In the bathroom there was a huge wash basin and a wonderful shower. The castle can be seen from the window.
For breakfast there was everything tea, juice, milk, fruit, cereals, yoghurt, eggs, bacon, sausages, tomatoes, ….. and everything was fresh.
Simon and Corinne can give you al lot of information on where to go and where to eat.
When I come back to Edinburgh Number 29 will be my first choice.

Room Tip: Second Floor, Room Three: the sun will wake you up.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo