“Absolutely fantastic”

Price range: US$14 - US$28
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Southside & Holyrood
Description: Dhaba Diner west Nicolson Street, serving authentic Indian food in tapas style, Dhaba diner is unique,small yet very cosy
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We had been here before and loved the tapas idea but this time, as is was during the festival, there was a set menu. The menu was much reduced but the food was still fantastic. It is now in smaller premises so we had to book in advance, and fit shows around it but it was worth the hassle. The service is great, very friendly and the place was very busy. I would highly recommend it to anyone who likes indian food. Exceptional.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

My husband and I have eaten at Dhaba diner several times now and we are looking forward to going back.
The Tapas idea is fantastic, every time we go we try new dishes and while I have some favourites I love trying new things. It's a great place to go with friends as you can try many dishes, our usual is to order five dishes per couple plus any rice and breads. It may sound a lot but I have never left food on the table or been able to take a doggy bag away ;)
The lack of a license is not a problem if you remember to bypb and one of its assets is that they charge a respectable amount for corkage. (£1)

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Great ..simply WOW,,,,,The place is full of positivity ...off course what to tell you all....The food is best in its class.... You will find people around you,,with a big smile always...Hope my home would be near to it....But Dhaba Diner attracts me from long.....Everything made here is filed with love..and who doesn't get attracts to LOVE...Love you Dhaba Diners,,,You always make my day...

I am Coming again.........................

Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

This place is amazing the food is fantastic the staff are very very helpful the best indian food in Edinburgh but what makes it better is its Tapas dishes so you get to try a a few dishes! The Diner is small so make sure you book.

2  Thank James K
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I went on a city break having ordered Tesco Clubcard vouchers, and it was well worth it. The owner was doing the front of house, and spoke to all of the customers as though they were family, and really made you feel welcome. The food tasted amazing, and the tapas style meant that sharing dishes and trying new foods was very easy (or would have been had my partner not been a vegetarian, and I wanted to eat meat).