“Quality bar, hidden location!!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hyde Out Bar
Edinburgh, Scotland
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Quality bar, hidden location!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

My wife and I first started coming to this bar by chance a couple of years ago.

Situated opposite Cargo, at the beginning of the Union Canal in Fountainbridge. As the name of the bar suggests it is hidden away from most of the main bar and shopping areas in Edinburgh.

However, this is a place well worth visiting. The wine list is excellent and very good value. The rum and gin selection is top drawer, I wouldn't be able to hazard a guess at how many types of each they stock. However, as a big rum fan this place is excellent for me.

Well decorated, with comfy seating, a pool table and food available it has all the features you would want in a good bar. They also have an upstairs area, and outdoor terrace which I think are for private hire.

My only concern is that given the location of this bar I'm not sure how much passing trade they get. The only times I have seen it busy are with the after work crowd on a Friday, or during private hire functions.

Really hope this bar can prosper, in a typically quiet area.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank chrismull82

edinburgh
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Oasis in the city”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

We love hyde out!
The house wine is the nicest i have ever had without paying a fortune. The cocktails are amazing and their cocktail nights are fantastic.
Rory is the best bar manager in the world, he is friendly, helpful and nothing is too much trouble.
Food is lovely and they have something to suit everyone.
If it is a nice day their outside terrace is fabulous!

Visited July 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hyde Out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2012

Went into Hyde Out last weekend and can honestly say why havent I been before , beautiful settting with an atmosphere and service to match

Having sampled one of their amazing cocktails , we were offered to to drink it on their balcony looking out over the city

If you havent tried it , try it - we will be back :) xx

Visited October 2012
Livingston
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Greg b.day treat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2012 via mobile

We were given a champagne afternoon tea for two at Hyde Out bar, great modern decor very snazzy, not a lot of guests so atmosphere was a bit off however afternoon tea was delicious, may not have been homemade but nowhere is it advertised as being. We had pastrami (I think) and rocket shrines, hot bread for dipping in balsamic vinegar, macaroons, warm scones with cream and jam, caramel shortcake and iced Victoria sponge, pink champagne and tea. I would return and could definitely see myself returning for a girly evening out for the cocktails.

Geneva, Switzerland
127 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 187 helpful votes
“Same As Dove traveller...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2012

We went there for a drinks with friends, the atmosphere was dreadful!! no ambiance, the music is not even mixed!! they play CD's with the blank in between the tracks like in the 80's. the service is almost inexistant and none of the staff stand out of the crowd. I was not surprised after we leave that the place was quite empty for a #friday evening...the word must be spreaded, DO NOT GO TO THE HYDE OUT

Visited June 2012