“Good Value Considering the Location”

and 1 more site!
Travelodge Edinburgh Central Princes Street
Ranked #60 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Having spent 4 nights here recently my overall opinion is Good. Reception was adequate and the room, although missing towels on arrival, was good. First time stay at a Travel Lodge but it wouldnt be my last if another fair priced deal was available. Our party had 2 rooms on different floors but we are all in agreement with this revue. Entrance on Meuse Lane not as bad as some reviewers make out, but certainly could be better. Once inside it is totally, pleasantly an improvement. Location for the Waverley train station is less than 5 minutes walk and 2 mins. onto Princes St. or Rose St. If you are looking for the Ritz this aint for you. There is a massive Wetherspoons, The Standing Order approx. 5/7 mins walk with an entrance from Rose St. that serves breakfasts from 8am Every day at super prices. (Main entrance on George St.) Make it work for you, enjoy Edinburgh.

There are newer reviews for Travelodge Edinburgh Central Princes Street

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Very clean and tidy.and i would recommend this hotel to anyone this hotel is within walking distance of any thing you want to do in Edinburgh, and the service was very friendly eating out was wonderful my only complaint was the lane at the hotel but for me 99% is good in anyones book well done Travelodge.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I stayed here whilst on a business trip to Edinburgh for one night. The entrance to the hotel is down a service alley with industrial bins lining the road, very odd for a hotel entrance, this would I imagine make a lone female very uncomfortable as its not well lit and very quiet. The hotel does not have a restaurant so does not serve dinner or breakfast. The hotel is basic, but clean. I was given a disabled room, which was big but all the adaptions did make me feel uncomfortable. The room was clean, the bed very comfortable, however it was basic. There is not a lot to say about the hotel as there is not a lot there, apart from a room and a bed. Cheap option if your looking for a central location, but if you want more then forget it.

Room Tip: Try to avoid a room overlooking the road outside. The Bins get emptied early!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We were a bit lazy when it came to booking hotel rooms and even though we were scheduled to fly from Edinburgh to London (so kind of had to stay there) didn't bother to book until about a week beforehand. The room had gone up to £67 a night from the 40-something pounds I'd found earlier. It was still much better value than other hotels in the area so I can't really complain about the price, can I? Room was great - overlooking Princes St and out to the castle. Amazing at night! The room was also fairly large for a Travelodge, which is the opposite of what I'd expect in the centre of the city where space would be at a premium. It was easily twice the size of other Travelodge rooms we'd stayed in. Strange, but good. The window was absolutely enormous. I'm not short and had I stood up on the window ledge it still would have been taller than me. Cleaners very stingy with the toilet paper for some reason. I was relegated to the single bed, although to be fair it's about 3/4 of a single bed. Not that comfortable, but my mother, who had the double bed, said she had a fantastic sleep. So I guess if you're going to stay there, either have good reason to claim the double bed ('I'm much older than you and I'm paying for this trip so you can sleep on the single' is as good as any) or be very short.

I have to agree that the entrance is probably not the best. I didn't feel unsafe there at any time as there were always people at either end of the alley and on duty at reception, but then again I can be so stingy I'll wait 20 minutes on a deserted street to catch a 3am airport bus. Maybe the alley was a bit dirty, but if I'm staying in a Travelodge I'm probably not overly concerned about cleanliness. Loved how close it was to the tour buses (open top buses are my favourite holiday indulgence) and the gallery.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the rooms with tall windows overlooking Princess St.
Reviewed 19 September 2013

stayed here on sat 14th sept and wed 18th sept close to everything ideal location for pubs clubs and attractions staff were very friendly rooms were an excellent size and very clean only 4 min walk from coach /rail stations would definetly book again

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank christopherandtracey
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Having stayed in many Travelodges all over the country we were horrified to find that this one has an entrance in a side street which can only be described as disgusting. Large Commercial rubbish bins right opposite the entrance spilling their contents into the whole street. Dirty, Squalid, and smelly! Not what we expect from this company at all. Beware if you are booking there. The staff were trying to sort it out with the council apparently. Rooms were very good but this spoiled the stay. The photo on the web does not show this side of the hotel at all.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
TravelodgeUK, Dianne from Customer Care at Travelodge Edinburgh Central Princes Street, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

We are sorry to learn of your disappointment with the entrance of our hotel bonesandco. Unfortunately being in a busy city centre the entrance is also shared with other local businesses who use the area near the hotel to store their refuse collection. Unfortunately this is beyond our control but staff recognise the need to offer guests a warm welcome. We're obviously pleased to read your positive comments regarding the room, we have recently freshened up the hotel with a full makeover and put new pocket sprung king-size beds in every room.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

As the title says, the rate was awesome and the location was in the heart of Edinburgh. Very close to the train station and bus to/from the airport.

It was a rocky start as check in is 3pm but our room was not ready until around 6pm which normally wouldn't bother me but we had just come from a very long flight & connections (18hrs) and were tired and jet lagged at this point. I paid the full balance online through the travelodge website but somehow this was not communicated to the hotel as had to pay again upon arrival (not the hotel's fault). However, after some sleep and sorting out my mobile to access my paypal account I was able to prove I already paid for the hotel and was immediately reimbursted!

So the room itself was okay it was a family room but I would say no more than two adults and maybe one child. The carpet needs replacing but the bed was very comfortable! We had the window opened and woke up (not too early) to lovely bag pipes each morning. The view was great, looking out to Princes Street, though the window could use a good cleaning.

Just a note on the entrance to the hotel as a few others have commented on it, it is an alley type entrance but never did I ever feel uncomfortable walking to/from late or early.

Overall if you are looking for a great location at a great price then this hotel fits the bill.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of Princess Street. There is a sainsbury just around the corner, great for grabbing b...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family