Though most of the staff were friendly, our problem with our room was not addressed. Our shower did not drain, and though maintenance was requested, it was not fixed during our stay. We ended up standing in water while showering, and had to repeatedly turn off the water and wait several minutes for it to drain to avoid flooding the bathroom.
Internet services were expensive, considering the cost of the room (£1 for 15 minutes on a public computer [there was usually a wait], and £5 for one day's access - not based on actual usage, just time - on a private computer).
Additionally, our room was not cleaned after our first night. Though someone came in to make the beds, the rubbish bins were left full and our shower dirty.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pollock Halls is the perfect choice for larger groups and budget travellers visiting during the spring and summer. Our campus accommodation offers good value in a great location and you can look forward to a hearty breakfast in the Restaurant @ JMCC. Servery lunch and dinner are also available during the summer months. The cafe bar @ JMCC serves good food, fine wine, beers and spirits. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Pollock Halls - Edinburgh First reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pollock Halls - Edinburgh 1st
- Pollock Halls - Edinburgh First Hotel Edinburgh
- First Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh First Hotel
- Pollock Halls - Edinburgh First Scotland