Me and my friend wanted something comfortable, but in-expensive, and we couldn't have made a better choice for our 4 nights in Edinburgh. The hotel is very well located near Edinburgh castle. Some of the rooms obviously have a magnificient view towards the castle although our room was facing the inner yard (and it didn't bother us).
We arrived to the hotel by taking the Airlink bus from the airport to Waverley Bridge, and easily walked from there with a map (yes, it was uphills and downhills along the way, but nothing too awful). Walking towards the places of interest always required a walk uphill, but we also sometimes used the sightseeing busses, onto which you can hop-on right opposite the hotel, and hop-off where ever along the route or change to another one with a different route. We highly recommend the Royal Edinburgh Ticket for the sightseeing!
The hotel room was very neat and tidy. We both had a queen-size bed, which felt luxury, and different pillows to choose from. The bed was very comfortable. Bathroom was clean and welcoming with the Apex duck and fresh towels and toiletries.
We ate at the bistro there one evening, and food and service were excellent. The bar there is also very comfortable, had drinks there one night. Breakfast wasn't included in our stay at the hotel, but we did eat it twice during our stay. Very tasty and lovely with the wonderful view to the Edinburgh Castle. However, one minus was that when we were checking out, we were asked to pay for one morning's breakfast for two although we had already paid everything. They did believe us after a short talk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Edinburgh’s old town, this contemporary four star hotel has 169 stylish rooms, many with panoramic views of the castle and city skyline. Designed for comfort, the rooms include 42 inch wide screen LCD TV, large desk, free Wi-Fi and local calls, tea and coffee, luxury toiletries, iron and ironing board. Facilities include restaurant, bar, meeting and event space for up to 250 delegates, and pool, tropicarium and gym. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Apex Grassmarket Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apex International Edinburgh
- Hotel Apex International
- Apex Grassmarket Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland