After deciding we wanted to spend our honeymoon in Edinburgh, i wanted to find somewhere special to stay. Ideally we wanted to stay at the Balmoral but our budget didnt stretch that far and so I came across the Apex International. Great location in Grassmarket. When i booked this hotel in March we got the 20% off for a 3 night stay. The price i paid was a bargain considering what i could have paid. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I had booked the duluxe double which gave you a fantastic view of Edinburgh Castle. The room was excellent, lovely decor and nicely furnished. I was a little disappointed with the bathroom, the bath was nothing more than your usual bath but it had a nice big walk in shower. I think i was expecting a nice big jacuzzi bath because it was the highest spec room. Initially we were going to eat out every morning for breakfast but we decided to have breakfast at the hotel. To be honest it was a great decision, the resturant was fantastic, it had a lovely atmosphere and excellent views of Edinburgh castle. The food was amazing, well worth £10 each and set us up for the day. The hotel is located in Grassmarket in a square with lots of pubs, which all serve food. There are also a couple of resturants in the square but we decided to either eat in the pubs or the hotel itself. To travel to princes street it took about 20 minutes to walk, at a nice steady pace. Also, if you are prepared to travel up the many steps near the castle you can get to the Royal Mile in about 10 minutes.
Overall the hotel was fantastic, the food was some of the best Ive tasted. We are planning on going back up there for our Anniversary, i just hope the weather is as just as nice as it was when the UK had the heatwave in March.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Apex Grassmarket Hotel is located in Edinburgh’s vibrant Grassmarket. Nearby, you’ll find the characteristic Edinburgh Castle, Greyfriars Kirkyard and The Royal Mile, making this hotel the perfect place to stay if you’re looking to explore the city. Your room will be stocked with both essentials and added extras like complimentary Wi-Fi, luxurious Elemis toiletries and a 42” LCD TV. Choose a Deluxe or Family room and you’ll also get an Edinburgh Castle view to make your stay extra special. Kick-start your day with a refreshing swim in the hotel swimming pool or use the Technogym fitness studio, free of charge. Later you can try some unique fusion food to share created by the well-known Edinburgh Chef, Tony Singh in the hotel restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Agoda, Booking.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Apex Grassmarket Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apex International Edinburgh
- Hotel Apex International
- Apex Grassmarket Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland