My fiancée and I stayed at the apex international for two nights over January 29th and 30th. The stay was to celebrate our recent engagement and as we wanted to make the most of our time in Edinburgh we requested an early check in. We spoke via email to Susan from the hotel prior to arrival and she confirmed this for us making the start of our break stress free. On arrival we found we had a stunning room on the fourth floor (4021). It was spacious, clean, fresh and had the most incredible view of Edinburgh castle you could ever wish to have (Standing on the balcony at night looking out on the floodlit castle was a real "kodak moment") We also had a fantastic surprise waiting for us in the room in the form of a chilled bottle of champagne and two Apex ducks for my fiancée (she wants to start collecting them). A lovely note attached welcomed us and congratulated us on our engagement, it was a lovely personal touch from the wonderful Susan - who I cannot thank or talk up enough.
More on the room, the bed was huge (felt bigger than kingsize) and was extremely comfortable with bright, white linen. There was a large tv on the wall, two comfortable chairs and a table by the window and a large dressing table with built in hair dryer, heat mat and lights.
The room had a good sized bath in the modern, clean bathroom and also a separate shower in a walk in area (sort of like a wet room) neatly hidden behind the door. There was also a fridge, safe, iron and iron board in the room along with good quality tea, coffee and hot chocolate.
The hotel itself is modern and stylish and with a relaxed but contemporary styled bar serving fantastic cocktails - mojitos are a must. The ozone pool (no chlorine eyes or chemical smells following you around all day) and relaxing tropicarium have to be used. The hotel is in a brilliant location, The grassmarket area is vibrant and busy with a great range of bars, restaurants and shops, leading up the the Royal mile and onto princes street and beyond. Most tourist attractions are no more than 30 mins on foot.
I have honestly no complaints to make about this hotel and both my fiancée and I left wishing we could have stayed much longer.
We will certainly be back in the very near future and I can say If you are looking for a great place to base yourself in Edinburgh then look no further.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Apex Grassmarket Hotel is located in Edinburgh’s vibrant Grassmarket. Nearby, you’ll find the characteristic Edinburgh Castle, Greyfriars Kirkyard and The Royal Mile, making this hotel the perfect place to stay if you’re looking to explore the city. Your room will be stocked with both essentials and added extras like complimentary Wi-Fi, luxurious Elemis toiletries and a 42” LCD TV. Choose a Deluxe or Family room and you’ll also get an Edinburgh Castle view to make your stay extra special. Kick-start your day with a refreshing swim in the hotel swimming pool or use the Technogym fitness studio, free of charge. Later you can try some unique fusion food to share created by the well-known Edinburgh Chef, Tony Singh in the hotel restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Apex Grassmarket Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apex International Edinburgh
- Hotel Apex International
- Apex Grassmarket Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland