This was our first trip to Edinburgh and we enjoyed every minute of it. There are lots of plus points with this hotel and only a few little bad points (little niggles really).
Firstly fantastic location for the old town and some great bars, restaurants & cafes on the doorstep of the hotel. Also a stones throw from the castle , the Greyfriars area & the museum.
We had a nice clean room, the staff are very friendly and helpful. We didn't eat in the hotel restaurant during our stay due to so many great places around the town but we did stop in the bar for a couple of drinks before heading out. The bar lounge is very nice and a good spot to chill out after doing lots of walking and sightseeing.
The toilet seat in our room was broken but we mentioned it and that we didn't have enough towels to the staff on reception as we went out and it was fixed for when we got back and extra fresh towels waiting.
The Grassmarket is quite lively at night and you can hear this quite easily in the rooms facing the square in fact it seemed like we had left a window open but it was fully closed. They did provide ear plugs so I guess they are aware of the noise levels but considering we got this hotel on a decent rate and its great location we were still happy with our stay.
There was no A/C in this room which was a surprise but not the end of the world.
The things we always look for is that its clean, comfortable, in a good location and good value for money so it pretty much ticked all our boxes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Apex Grassmarket Hotel is located in Edinburgh’s vibrant Grassmarket. Nearby, you’ll find the characteristic Edinburgh Castle, Greyfriars Kirkyard and The Royal Mile, making this hotel the perfect place to stay if you’re looking to explore the city. Your room will be stocked with both essentials and added extras like complimentary Wi-Fi, luxurious Elemis toiletries and a 42” LCD TV. Choose a Deluxe or Family room and you’ll also get an Edinburgh Castle view to make your stay extra special. Kick-start your day with a refreshing swim in the hotel swimming pool or use the Technogym fitness studio, free of charge. Later you can try some unique fusion food to share created by the well-known Edinburgh Chef, Tony Singh in the hotel restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Apex Grassmarket Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apex International Edinburgh
- Hotel Apex International
- Apex Grassmarket Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland