Hotel is located on the 'square' of The Grassmarket and from front facing rooms you have a wonderful view of Edinburgh Castle.
Rooms are comfortable, and a nice touch with the Elemis toiletries
Hotel room was very hot, it had been a lovely day, with no aircon. Lovely to open the window to let some fresh air in but very noisy from the traffic and people in the square at the bars and restaurants /cafés. Ear plugs were provided in the room which I didn't need
Reception area and bar are very dark and not particularly welcoming, as it is dark and layout is slightly strange.
View from restaurant / breakfast room on level 5 are wonderful and for me make up for the slight shortcomings in the room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Apex Grassmarket Hotel is located in Edinburgh’s vibrant Grassmarket. Nearby, you’ll find the characteristic Edinburgh Castle, Greyfriars Kirkyard and The Royal Mile, making this hotel the perfect place to stay if you’re looking to explore the city. Your room will be stocked with both essentials and added extras like complimentary Wi-Fi, luxurious Elemis toiletries and a 42” LCD TV. Choose a Deluxe or Family room and you’ll also get an Edinburgh Castle view to make your stay extra special. Kick-start your day with a refreshing swim in the hotel swimming pool or use the Technogym fitness studio, free of charge. Later you can try some unique fusion food to share created by the well-known Edinburgh Chef, Tony Singh in the hotel restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Apex Grassmarket Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apex International Edinburgh
- Hotel Apex International
- Apex Grassmarket Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland