Our room was not ready when we arrived. We had to sit in the bar for about an hour before the room was ready. This was after check in time, so we got coupons for free drinks in the bar as a compensation. We had a room at the 4th floor facing Edinburgh Castle. This was obviously a great view, but it also meant that our room was facing the street with all the bars and restaurants there. There were so much noise during the night that we barely slept. We had the windows open - the room was so hot that we couldn't close them. Breakfast was alright, with a continental breakfast and also a menu with a selection of hot food to order. While eating breakfast you can also enjoy the beautiful view of Edinburgh Castle. The location of the hotel is amazing! You are within walking distance to many attractions in Edinburgh, and two of the the tourist Hop On Hop Off buses also stop outside the hotel. The staff was helpful, and the room was spacious and clean. There are free wifi at the hotel. There are 2 lifts at the hotel, but you have to wait forever for them to come. I was really annoyed one time when I had been waiting for a lift for about 10 minutes, and when it finally arrived there were 3 members of staff in it and they said they were going down (I as going up) so I had to wait for the next one. In my opinion staff should NOT have priority on the lifts. Apart from the location, there were nothing special about this hotel, and because of a variety of things that happened during our stay I will probably not stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Edinburgh’s old town, this contemporary four star hotel has 169 stylish rooms, many with panoramic views of the castle and city skyline. Designed for comfort, the rooms include 42 inch wide screen LCD TV, large desk, free Wi-Fi and local calls, tea and coffee, luxury toiletries, iron and ironing board. Facilities include restaurant, bar, meeting and event space for up to 250 delegates, and pool, tropicarium and gym. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Apex Grassmarket Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apex International Edinburgh
- Hotel Apex International
- Apex Grassmarket Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland