This was a nice hotel in the center of Old Town right in the Grassmarket. Great area for walking around and there are great restaurants across the street for lunch and dinner. There's also a stop for the hop on hop off buses right outside the hotel which is very convenient.
All in all we really enjoyed our stay but there are a few things we disliked. We disliked the fact that the hotel didn't have air conditioning. For such a nice hotel, it seemed strange to us that it lacked air conditioning.
Also, the hotel staff service varies widely. We had a great experience with the staff at the front desk who went out of their way to help us. For instance, we were having trouble connecting to the free wifi and Peter at the front desk was so helpful and spent like 20 minutes helping us and wouldn't give up until it was fixed. On the other hand, the staff in the breakfast room left a lot to be desired. The male host was incredibly rude and tried to make excuses for why it was taking so long for our ordered eggs to be made. It wasn't even a complicated order, just scrambled eggs, but it took over 30 minutes and we were the only ones in the restaurant (since it was 6:15am) and we were in a rush to get on a tour. The next day when we went down to breakfast around 9am, there was a line all the way down the hallway to the elevator, of people who were waiting to be seated at tables. After we waited 20/30 minutes to get a table we entered into the breakfast room and were surprised to see half the tables empty!!! The staff is very incompetent and slow at clearing and changing over tables! The whole breakfast experience at this hotel is TERRIBLE and leaves a lot to be desired. Make sure to plan lots of extra time for having breakfast there because it takes forever.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Apex Grassmarket Hotel is located in Edinburgh’s vibrant Grassmarket. Nearby, you’ll find the characteristic Edinburgh Castle, Greyfriars Kirkyard and The Royal Mile, making this hotel the perfect place to stay if you’re looking to explore the city. Your room will be stocked with both essentials and added extras like complimentary Wi-Fi, luxurious Elemis toiletries and a 42” LCD TV. Choose a Deluxe or Family room and you’ll also get an Edinburgh Castle view to make your stay extra special. Kick-start your day with a refreshing swim in the hotel swimming pool or use the Technogym fitness studio, free of charge. Later you can try some unique fusion food to share created by the well-known Edinburgh Chef, Tony Singh in the hotel restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your Apex Grassmarket Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apex International Edinburgh
- Hotel Apex International
- Apex Grassmarket Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland