“Blissfully relaxing”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Ardgarth Guest House
Ranked #164 of 394 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 September 2011

Had a great stay , the guest house is in a ideall location for me ( great pubs nearby !! ) and good access to the city centre ( for the missus !! ) . Nice room which although was not very big was thoughtfully decorated and modern and perfect for us after all you dont go on holiday to spend your time in the room.. Would have no hesitation in recommending .

Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ayrdriver

Reviewed 29 August 2011

This family run guest house was brilliant. The hostess Ursula was so welcoming and the girls working there were so charming, nothing was too much trouble. Beautiful white sheets and towels, and good quality loo paper!! Bus stop into Edinburgh a stone's throw away, and the sea at bottom of road. Would most definately stay there again and will be recommending to all my friends and family. This is a really lovely victorian house with lots of lovely features. Super visit all round.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank edinburgh2948
Reviewed 10 August 2011

we were in Edinburgh for the Tattoo stayed at Ardgarth House, what a wonderful place to stay so friendly & helpful

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lizossie
Reviewed 1 July 2011

I spent only 4 nights here(solo female married traveller) and I should have stayed at least 10 days-my mistake! But I had a limited train ticket from London which could not be changed without an extra added-on cost!. I loved Ursula! She showed me a selection of rooms, singles/doubles, which were available. I chose room #4 on the 2nd floor, with 2 single and comfortable beds, and a lovely view of a flower filled alley. The shared bath was right outside my door, with a great new shower-head, really hot water, a fantastic, modern bathroom! I paid 30 pounds a night, with breakfast included. The guest house is in a beachside suburb, which I came to love once I got to know it. The Lothian buses into Edinburgh were frequent and affordable with a day-pass of 3 pounds 10 pence. The wonderful coffee/pastry shop which Ursula suggested I go to, on the beach, had better cappucinos and pastries than London or Edinburgh! I would sit there in the window looking at the beach/sea and write postcards. Portobello was a real charmer. When I bring my husband back, we will return to Ursula's-also, her wonderful little breakfast server who helped me e-mail my husband on the computer, and was most helpful in all ways. Ursula and Richard-thanks for introducing me to Scotland-my first trip there!

Room Tip: Ask someone to show you the rooms first
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank sneepy
Reviewed 6 June 2011

this is one of the best places to stay in scotland as it is a family run bed and breakfast. the family and all the staff make your stay very welcome. the breakfast is freshly cooked and the rooms are always clean and tidy. i have stayed here quite a lot and will always go back there when i go to scotland. they are very helpful if you dont know your way around edinburgh and will help you find the best tours and places to eat. also you always get a very warm welcome when you arrive.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank whisky666
Reviewed 28 May 2011

I stayed in Adgarth House with my mother whilst visiting Edinburgh. I found the staff to be exceptionally helpful, friendly and informative. The breakfasts were gorgeous, including vegetarian haggis, and the rooms comfortable and well equipped.

I'll definitely use this guesthouse again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank catherineloftus1
Reviewed 3 May 2011

We stayed there recently and found Ardgarth Guest House to be fantastic. Extremely friendly service was matched by very clean rooms. What's more, the breakfasts were top notch. Overall, we really enjoyed the stay and the location was great. Situated on a nice, quiet street with easy parking and within walking distance to pubs, public transport and the beach. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a guest house in Edinburgh.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends