Ardgarth Guest House
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Edinburgh
See available hotels
Prestonfield(Edinburgh)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night travelling on my own, room was lovely with some nice little touch's, breakfast great. Good bus route into Edinburgh, takes about 15 mins. The owner, Ursula couldnt have been more welcoming and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Stayed here to explore the city. Easy access by bus with an all day pass for 3.5 pounds. Ursula gave us the most complete introduction of all b and b's visited in the last 30 days. Rooms were clean and comfortable with room to stretch out. I noticed nice touches like baby monitors for other guests as well as high chairs for families. Breakfasts were with farm fresh egg and good jam. Quiet neighborhood close to the large sand beach.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Edinburgh is one of my favourite places on Earth and I tend to stay right in the city center. This time, I opted for Portobello, the coastal town to the east. The service and hospitality at the Ardgarth are unsurpassed. Ursula is such a thoughtful and gracious hostess. The rooms are clean and airy, and the location is perfect -- an easy 5-minute walk to a beautiful beach and a bus stop just down the road for those forays into the city. From now on, this will be my home whenever I'm in Edinburgh.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 April 2013

I can highly recommend this Guest House. I had a very nice, clean, en-suite room, and the owner was friendly and helpful. It is near the bus stop into Edinburgh, it's a 5 minute walk to Portobella High Street and 5 minutes to the beach. I chose the fantastic Scottish breakfast which set me up for the whole day, served with plenty of excellent coffee. I will stay again when I'm in Edinburgh.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 March 2013

My wife and I stayed here Fri 8th/ 9th of March. Very friendly owners and a great location for visiting the city of Edinburgh. Only a few hundred yards from the beach of Portabelo and great for an evening walk. The room was a good size and had all the amenities for a two night stay. The complimentary biscuits were past there date but the breakfasts were of a good standard. An easy bus ride into the city and plenty of free parking near the guesthouse to leave your car.

Room Tip: Room 7 three single beds on the 3rd floor in the roof.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple