“Awesome!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Ardgarth Guest House
Ranked #130 of 444 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Geneva, Switzerland
“Awesome!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

We stayed three days in this very nice bed and breakfast. The staff was amazing like the superb breakfast. The owner is a lovely woman, very kind and helpful, you will not need to loose time at the information centre, just ask her the room is wonderful, very clean and cosy and there is everything you need and even more!

• Stayed August 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Polish first
Gloucester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

Ursula & Dick Wright run a truly welcoming guest house; I stayed for one week in April with my teenage daughter and then for two nights in August (Festival time). Starting with a proper welcome, you won't be disappointed with the Ardgarth Guest House: great breakfast; all staff and the owner always make time for their guests; you are welcome to use the dining room for a takeaway dinner (a godsend!); lovely guest sitting room to which you can invite your own family/friends. My older daughter was also put up for one night and treated as well as any paying guest. Two minutes from the excellent bus service, well suited for my jaunts in to Edinburgh or seeing family in nearby Musselburgh. All provided by friendly, helpful and generous hosts. You'll love it!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
San Angelo, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

Ardgarth is so adorable--flowers on the porch, cozy little breakfast room and bedrooms, it's very clean and well kept! If you take the bus it's super easy to get from the B&B to Prince's Street/wherever you want to go, or if you can afford to, it's not hard to hail a cab (the fare to and from the heart of Edinburgh was like 12 pounds, not bad at all but I'm a poor college kid!).

To top it off, Ursula was absolutely wonderful. Like I said, I'm a college kid and she was so nice and reminded me of a sweet aunt you visit in the summer or something. As we were leaving, she loaded me and a friend down with snacks to eat on our way to the airport because we'd slept through breakfast. My friend left her credit card and Ursula herself DROVE to the bus stop to deliver it to us. It doesn't get better than this. Stay here!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

I have had the pleasure of staying in Ardgarth for the last few months on a regular basis and I have come to love it. The welcome, the decor, the service, the standards of cleanliness are all first class. The bathrooms sparkle! And how they keep those tiles and showers that white is a secret I wish they'd share!

Thanks Ursula and Dick and the "girls", I'll be back in September!

• Stayed July 2013
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

The Guest House is located slightly away from the city centre, but we've no regrets at all staying at Ardgarth. We had the loveliest views of the sea from our room at Ardgarth and it was great waking up to the smell of the sea rather than the hustle and bustle of the city. Think I missed breakfast one morning because I couldn't leave my bed. Cant stress enough how much I enjoyed staying near the Portobello promenade with its scenic views and cosy seaside cafes. Ursula was also a great host. She made us feel very welcomed and was really helpful in suggesting places to visit and giving us directions on how to get around. Would definitely stay at Ardgarth again if I very get a chance to visit that neck of the woods again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank theletterjay
Penzance, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

This was my third time staying with Ursula and Richard. It is always a pleasure to share time with these two wonderful people who are so helpful and generous. I would not stay in any other place whilst staying in Edinburgh. Their caring attitude and warmth is certainly welcomed when you have been traveling around for the day. The breakfast is delicious. I am grateful to them for making their guest house a home when I have travelled so far from my home in Australia.
It is really close to the bus stop and the main street and the beach. It is perfect!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Leeds
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

Ursula and her friendly attentive staff provided delicious breakfast, clean light and airy rooms and all just approximately 200 meters from the promenade. Lovely powerful shower to refresh us and good quality cosmetic and hygiene products too with lots of fresh white towels daily. Help was available to plan visits and travel arrangements and there were plenty of leaflets with local information. The best bit was Ursula, her warm welcome and interaction with the guests (us and others) which made us feel relaxed, comfortable and very welcome in this lovely home

Room Tip: There are rooms on the ground floor with disabled facilities - I'm going to bring my elderly mum...