“Perfect Home away from Home”
Review of Sandeman House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Sandeman House
Ranked #148 of 395 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I had the pleasure of staying in this lovely Bed and Breakfast last year and was so thrilled with my lovely room and spacious private bathroom over looking JK Rowlings back garden that I can't wait to return . My hosts were informatine and friendly , the breakfast magnificent , the bed so cosy I never wanted to get up and the location so central I was able to sight see with no trouble . Please stay hereof you want a personal and memorable experience while in Edinburgh . I can't wait to return . 5 stars all the way .

• Stayed: September 2012

Reviewed 20 January 2013

We spent two nights in August 2012. Very nice house, located in a quiet neighborhood about 1.8 miles from the old town (30 minutes' walk or 10 minutes' bus ride). We were given a very spacious room with a very large and nice bathroom, which was situated outside the room, but for our exclusive use. Breakfast was good and abundant, with a nice selection of cooked items.
However, there were some cons of this bb:
-there is no parking nearby, you have to take the car to a free parking area about one mile from the house. The host accompanies you to leave the car and retrieve it at the end of the stay (we did not use the car during our stay)
-breakfast takes place around a common table, sharing it with the other guests, so be aware if you want some privacy or do not feel like having to chat with strangers in the morning.
-compared with the other scottish bbs in which we stayed, this bb did not have anything out of the ordinary, but was by far the most expensive (over 100 pounds per night). There was nothing in it to account for the high price, except maybe the fact that it is located in Edinburgh.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Josera V
Reviewed 1 September 2012

My 11 daughter & I stayed here for 3 nights. Joyce & Neil were very friendly, helpful & welcoming. Our room (The Bay Room) was immaculately clean and very big. Our bed linen was bright white clean & our beds were very comfortable. There was a huge choice for breakfast, all freshly made & completely delicious. Sandeman House is a 10 minute bus rida from Princes Street with the bus stop just a 1 minute walk away. I can't fault our stay at all.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Deb01212205
Reviewed 6 July 2012

Everything was good. Friendly Owner, Good location in a very nice neighborhood, and just a short walk to some nice restaurants. Clean and comfortable. I will be back.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Frank Z
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Whether one judges a B&B by the bed, the breakfast, or the warmth and helpfulness of the hosts, Sandeman House ticks all the boxes. I've stayed at dozens of B&Bs and found Sandeman House to be equal to or better than all. It's located in a busy but pleasant neighborhood, close to restaurants, shops, and public transportation. A majority of Edinburgh's top attractions can be accessed from Sandeman House by foot, and buses to outlying areas stop nearby. At breakfast, my preference is for a private table rather than a communal one, but meeting and visiting with the other guests for breakfast at Sandeman House was a pleasant and informative experience!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank B_L_Lowe
Reviewed 19 March 2012

I can't tell you how wonderful it was to arrive at Sandeman House. I was travelling alone and was looked after so well by my hosts. My room was beautiful and bathroom large and luxurious. I could walk to nearby shops and restaurants easily and loved every minute of my time here. Breakfast was a superb start to the day and nothing was too much trouble for my lovely hosts Neil and Joyce. Staying here was a highlight of my trip to Scotland.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Notafusspot
Reviewed 23 September 2011

I don't know how anyone can criticize this b&b - everything is just so perfect!!

The house is furnished so well with quaint touches and hidden gems in every corner! Everything is so lovely that you just don't know where to look first! Gorgeous!

My parents and I stayed in the Terrace and Bay room, which were exactly like what is promised on the website!

Absolutely clean, beautifully furnished and very thoughtfully laid out with everything you could possibly need - heaters, hairdryers, towels, bath gels & shampoo, heaters, excellent wifi connection, fireplace (in one of the rooms only, the other room has a heater), tv, cupboards, kettle, teapots, etc..

Breakfast is delicious!! There's a wonderful spread and you're really spoilt for choice. The Scottish honey will make you swoon and do try the oatmeal porridge and the poached eggs which they really do well.

Of course, the owners Neil and Joyce are the nicest part about the whole b&b - they're welcoming and warm without being the least bit intrusive. And they just have a special way of making you feel at home! Super friendly and helpful too :)

Location - need to take a very short bus / cab ride to Royal Mile. Very near though and honestly, it looks further on the map than it actually is. We had no problems!

Overall, just book this b&b and you won't regret it. Well worth the slightly higher price - very very reasonable considering the level of service and quality!!

Thanks so much Neil & Joyce! We had a fabulous time staying i'n your gorgeous house! We'll be back the next time we're in edinburgh! Love from Anita, Pannir & Sarah!

• Stayed: September 2011