I stayed here for 1 night in April 2014. The hostel has a lovely welcoming feel and I would have been happy to stay longer. The hostess and the other guests were all very friendly. There is a very comfortable lounge with games, a book shelf, and there are CDs and a piano in the conservatory.
The only problem was the quilts on the beds were very small and thin, so not warm enough. I slept in my clothes. I woke up the middle of the night to find that I was the only one in the room (although the hostess was definitely expecting more people to arrive) so I was able to take a quilt off another bed as well.
The toilets and showers were clean and good but didn’t seem to be very many – I imagine if the hostel was full you might find yourself queuing for a short time. However, this wasn’t a problem for me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our quiet, friendly, clean, 4 star hostel offers a wide range of facilities and services including free wi-fi with additional access to our sunny garden. We are located beside Edinburgh's Meadows Park where most attractions are only a short distances walk. We offer several rooms that can accommodate 4 to 6 people as well as various private rooms that include: doubles, twins and triples beds. We are student friendly! For students it is only a short distance to travel to Edinburgh University Campus and Napier University's central campus. Additionally you will find by staying with us that everything you need is close by. The area offers various organic food stores, locally owned shops, supermarkets, cafes and pubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Argyle Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Argyle Backpackers Hotel Edinburgh
- Argyle Backpackers Edinburgh, Scotland