With a group of 5 men, we stayed in a room for 6. The room and the linen were clean enough. The bunk beds were a bit old, and mine was actually broken... The toilets and showers were much cleaner than in many hostels.
The location is good, within walking distance of all places of interest, and pubs and restaurants. The area in which the hostel is located is full of pubs and night clubs, so if you're unfortunate enough to have a room facing the street, you might not sleep before very late at night.
All in all, a good place to stay on a stag week-end in Edinburgh.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A hostel with a difference! Our 168 bed hostel contains 12 individually lockable apartments all fully fitted with their own toilet, shower rooms and kitchen/lounge including an oven, microwave, fridge freezer, toaster, plates, dishes, cutlery and cooking pots. An apartment sleeps between 8 and 22 people in a combination of 4 and 6 bed dorms and twin or double rooms. That's 12 fully fitted kitchens and 17 shower rooms with toilets plus 12 separate private toilets! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Cowgate Tourist Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cowgate Tourist Hotel Edinburgh
- Cowgate Tourist Hostel Edinburgh, Scotland