The quality of this hostel is unacceptable. I stayed in early April and the disgust I still feel for this hostel has driven me to write this review and warn people away from staying there. I have frequented a number of hostels throughout Europe and this is the worst i have seen. Deepest darkest Romania can do hostels better than Cowgate.
If you fancy cooking here, don't. I thought they had shipped the pans in from 'How Clean Is Your House' but without Kim and Aggie. The bedding would have been fantastic had I been in a 5-star hotel, but I wasn't, I was at Cowgate, it was terrible.
I am not sufficiently verbose to express my disgust at this accommodation any further.
NOTE: Edinburgh is a fantastic city, do not let this hostel put you off, just stay elsewhere!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A hostel with a difference! Our 168 bed hostel contains 12 individually lockable apartments all fully fitted with their own toilet, shower rooms and kitchen/lounge including an oven, microwave, fridge freezer, toaster, plates, dishes, cutlery and cooking pots. An apartment sleeps between 8 and 22 people in a combination of 4 and 6 bed dorms and twin or double rooms. That's 12 fully fitted kitchens and 17 shower rooms with toilets plus 12 separate private toilets! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Cowgate Tourist Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cowgate Tourist Hotel Edinburgh
- Cowgate Tourist Hostel Edinburgh, Scotland