Cannot comment on the state of the hostel as we didnt even get that far. However, after reading reviews that many people werent getting the rooms they had paid for I decided to email the hostel directly to confirm that we would indeed get the private room we paid for as we were travelling with a young child. 6 emails and 6 calls later I had no response so decided to cancel the booking altogether, again after 4 emails asking for confrimation that the booking was indeed cancelled with no response, I email hostel bookers customer service who also emailed them asking for confrimation of cancellation...again no response. Just recieved my bank statement and have been charged by the hostel for the room that we cancelled, £57.60!! Would seriously advise people to avoid this place at all costs, their complete lack of communication before we even got there should really tell you all what type of place it is and the people it is run by!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A hostel with a difference! Our 168 bed hostel contains 12 individually lockable apartments all fully fitted with their own toilet, shower rooms and kitchen/lounge including an oven, microwave, fridge freezer, toaster, plates, dishes, cutlery and cooking pots. An apartment sleeps between 8 and 22 people in a combination of 4 and 6 bed dorms and twin or double rooms. That's 12 fully fitted kitchens and 17 shower rooms with toilets plus 12 separate private toilets! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Cowgate Tourist Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cowgate Tourist Hotel Edinburgh
- Cowgate Tourist Hostel Edinburgh, Scotland