I stayed here on 2 separate nights a week apart between a tour that I did. It was clean and had good wifi. The bathroom facilities were good, except there was no place to put your clothes when you were showering. The staff were friendly and helpful. Try and get a room that does not face the 3 sisters if you want a decent nights sleep. I am a heavy sleeper and they were playing awesome music anyway, so it didn't bother me, but a lot of people were complaining about this. For a hostel I thought this place was good. You get what you pay for after all!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A hostel with a difference! Our 168 bed hostel contains 12 individually lockable apartments all fully fitted with their own toilet, shower rooms and kitchen/lounge including an oven, microwave, fridge freezer, toaster, plates, dishes, cutlery and cooking pots. An apartment sleeps between 8 and 22 people in a combination of 4 and 6 bed dorms and twin or double rooms. That's 12 fully fitted kitchens and 17 shower rooms with toilets plus 12 separate private toilets! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia and Ebookers so you can book your Cowgate Tourist Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cowgate Tourist Hotel Edinburgh
- Cowgate Tourist Hostel Edinburgh, Scotland