As a fifty plus year olds my wife and and I went here with low expectations. These were initially met at check in when they were unable to accept guests due to a computer issue. After 30 hours in transit you don't want to hear that. Chloe under immense pressure with numerous guests waiting assured us if we came back in an hour it would be fine. She was right.
We had room 104/5 with shared bathroom
The rooms are basic but we were really only seeking basic bed and shower close to all attractions. We got what we were after. Noise from the pub over the road was noticeable but as it is a backpacker are we were expecting that especially as it was the Fringe Festival.
We would go back again if our circumstances were the same.
Big thanks to Chloe for her help and professionalism.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A hostel with a difference! Our 168 bed hostel contains 12 individually lockable apartments all fully fitted with their own toilet, shower rooms and kitchen/lounge including an oven, microwave, fridge freezer, toaster, plates, dishes, cutlery and cooking pots. An apartment sleeps between 8 and 22 people in a combination of 4 and 6 bed dorms and twin or double rooms. That's 12 fully fitted kitchens and 17 shower rooms with toilets plus 12 separate private toilets! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Cowgate Tourist Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cowgate Tourist Hotel Edinburgh
- Cowgate Tourist Hostel Edinburgh, Scotland