We came for a place to sleep and got much more. Great central location, friendly helpful staff, nice bed, kitchen, bar, chillout zone. We stayed in the building across the road from the main hostel but it really wasn't a problem going back and forth. Couldn't get the shower to work but I didn't ask how. HOT shower definitely included. I couldn't get it any colder then 100 degrees :P I loved the games on every night. Pub quiz, live music and then the Pub Crawl afterward. Everything was clean. Might not suit people looking for a good nights sleep every night. Since we were coming in late at night making as little noise as possible but probably still made a good bit. I had a great stay overall.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With over 250 beds, and located in the heart of beautiful Old Town, Budget Backpackers is one of the best places to stay in Edinburgh! All of the amenities you need including free linen, free hot showers, a self catering kitchen, and a bar/cafe! Budget Backpackers is one of the best located hostels in the city, being only a 10 minute walk from Waverly Train Station, a 2 minute walk from the Royal Mile, and the breathtaking Edinburgh Castle practically on our doorstep! There is also always something happening within the hostel, with weekly Wii and Pool Competitions, Quiz and Movie Nights, Free Walking Tours 11am daily Monday to Saturday, Whether you want to see the sights, make friends, party it up, or just relax, Budget Backpackers has everything you need to make your stay in Edinburgh memorable! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Budget Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Budget Backpackers Hotel Edinburgh
- Budget Backpackers Edinburgh, Scotland