Booked a night for my boyfriend and myself as a treat, last minute. All inner city hotels were booked up as expected, which was fine. As it was a treat i went for the Delux Room. What a treat we got....NOT. Best way to describe the place was a dive of a bedsit. Bed was horrible, very very uncomfortable. Room small and in desperate need of updating!! Our room was at the front of the hotel was lots of noise throughout the night from the road outside. Basic bathroom. Turned shower on to get all up a drizzle of water, took forever to wash hair (would of been quicker using the tap, no pressure what so ever). The showerhead had obviously not been cleaned since it was installed. Black scum all over it. Small TV in room but only had like 3 channels. Reception staff were smiley but very poor at directing us to our room, ended up walking up and downstairs a couple of times with our bags tryin to find the room. Our room was in a seperate corridor with another rooms door. Corridor light did not work so tryin to key the door unlocked was challenging. Staff at breakfast were not very welcoming and didnt seem to know what they were doing. Very little food when we went and what was there wasnt too hot either.
TOTALLY RIPPED OFF!!! NEVER BE VISITING THERE AGAIN
Good points of hotel:
Free parking on site
Location for Murrayfield
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Murrayfield Hotel is located in Edinburgh City Centre with ample complimentary parking and free Wifi. The hotel is the perfect destination for business, leisure or family occasions. The Murrayfield Hotel combines fantastic hospitality, outstanding value for money and second to none homemade food, served in the traditional, friendly pub kitchen. Serving as a perfect base from which to explore the historical Edinburgh City Centre, the Murrayfield Hotel is just a couple of minutes away from Edinburgh Zoo (and its giant pandas), the national Murrayfield Stadium which frequently plays host to major live sporting events as well as music concerts, and Haymarket Train Station.With fine home cooked food, complimentary car parking, traditional pub, restaurant, sun trap beer garden and unparalleled Scottish hospitality, we create a true home away from home for all our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Murrayfield Hotel and House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Murrayfield Hotel And Lodge
- Murrayfield Hotel Edinburgh
- Murrayfield Hotel And House Edinburgh, Scotland