At last a hotel that thinks outside the norm. No boring brown and beige here, oh no!
We booked room only for 2 nights for the end of our week touring Scotland. Selecting a 'Luxe' room meant we were staying in the recently refurbished house, 2 doors along the road from the main hotel entrance. As can be seen from our photos, this is no ordinary place.
The room was massive with the original very high corniced ceiling and had everything you needed including an umbrella should it be raining when you walk to the hotel. The content, size and facilities were in the 5 star region. There was a packed minibar and in a jar on the dressing table some complimentary chocolate biscuits. In a small box on the wall marked 'His' was a miniature whisky compliments of the hotel.
The bathroom had a rain shower and a separate large deep bath complete with his and hers wash basins.
As the hotel part was being refurbished, the bar was reduced to just 3 tables and an adjoining room set up as a temporary dining/breakfast room. We ate there one night and the food was good and tasty and reasonably priced.
Just a couple of little niggles. The toilet roll holder in our room was broken from the start but not repaired during our stay. The television in the mirror is a let down. Quirky? Yes, but the picture is very dark and difficult to see and it appears that the television settings have been disabled so we could not brighten the picture.
All the staff from check in, the bar, dining room, breakfast and check out were friendly and very efficient. Once the refurbishment is complete, this will be a really good hotel competitively priced. Definitely recommended and must return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Murrayfield Hotel is located in Edinburgh City Centre with ample complimentary parking and free Wifi. The hotel is the perfect destination for business, leisure or family occasions. The Murrayfield Hotel combines fantastic hospitality, outstanding value for money and second to none homemade food, served in the traditional, friendly pub kitchen. Serving as a perfect base from which to explore the historical Edinburgh City Centre, the Murrayfield Hotel is just a couple of minutes away from Edinburgh Zoo (and its giant pandas), the national Murrayfield Stadium which frequently plays host to major live sporting events as well as music concerts, and Haymarket Train Station.With fine home cooked food, complimentary car parking, traditional pub, restaurant, sun trap beer garden and unparalleled Scottish hospitality, we create a true home away from home for all our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers and TravelUp so you can book your Murrayfield Hotel and House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Murrayfield Hotel And Lodge
- Murrayfield Hotel Edinburgh
- Murrayfield Hotel And House Edinburgh, Scotland