We stayed in this Hotel for just one night, not booking it ourselves as it was a treat for a trip to Edinburgh from our son.
The hotel has had some modernisation and updating carried out, and on first appearances it is very good. There is a restaurant / bar attached to the building called The Bothy, which does provide some very nice meals, something that was very welcome after a long day sightseeing in the capital.
We were given room 4 on the ground floor, this is where the Murrayfield let itself down, even though the room was well decorated and clean and there was plenty of tea and coffee in the room. This room backs on to a car park and it still has the old metal windows, one of which we could not close and as a result you heard everyone coming into the car park talking and starting their cars up, which was annoying, and strangely at about 10 pm we were disturbed by the dustmen collecting all the industrial garbage from the bin store, I know this is not the Hotels fault that they collect the bins at 10pm, but if the windows were closable or double glazed it would not have been an issue.
Having said that for the price we paid, the breakfast was great and the staff were certainly very pleasant and obliging all it needs is just a bit more doing to some of the rooms and it would get a lot higher rating.
One last thing it is approximately a 35 minute walk to get right into Edinburgh shopping, if you don't want a nice refreshing walk there are loads of bus stops on the main road.
Would we stay there again, possibly
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Murrayfield Hotel is located in Edinburgh City Centre with ample complimentary parking and free Wifi. The hotel is the perfect destination for business, leisure or family occasions. The Murrayfield Hotel combines fantastic hospitality, outstanding value for money and second to none homemade food, served in the traditional, friendly pub kitchen. Serving as a perfect base from which to explore the historical Edinburgh City Centre, the Murrayfield Hotel is just a couple of minutes away from Edinburgh Zoo (and its giant pandas), the national Murrayfield Stadium which frequently plays host to major live sporting events as well as music concerts, and Haymarket Train Station.With fine home cooked food, complimentary car parking, traditional pub, restaurant, sun trap beer garden and unparalleled Scottish hospitality, we create a true home away from home for all our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Murrayfield Hotel and House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Murrayfield Hotel And Lodge
- Murrayfield Hotel Edinburgh
- Murrayfield Hotel And House Edinburgh, Scotland