“Great service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #41 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
California
“Great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Top marks to Coco and Ricky for taking care of my friends and I during a busy rugby game day. I will certainly be back soon. Keep hold of your best looking and most attentive staff to keep the punters rolling in. Great pints and great company. Best hotel of the lot.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank BeachBabe78
Central E, General Manager at Murrayfield Hotel and House, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Hi BeachBabe78,

Many thanks for the great review, great to hear you had a good time with us. I’ll be sure to pass your comments on to the team. Have a good week & come visit us again soon,

Colin Brand – General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (369)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel with my daughter on Thursday night. There was a mix up with my booking with booking. Com and instead of a twin room I was given a double room. This was not a problem as my daughter was given the use of a separate room, great customer service. My room was so big and everything I needed. Never seen such a big selection of tea and coffee in an hotel room. I did have a problem with getting the water to drain out of my bathroom sink. When I mentioned it to the lady on reception at 8.30ish she told me not to worry as I was checking out at 11!!
This was just a bit of a disappointment after such great service the night before.
We ate in the restaurant on Thursday night, both service and food were really good and I would recommend to anyone. However, there was a problem with tje credit card machine and the waitress had to go to the bar to check if the transaction had worked, she took my card with her. I believe this is a big nono in these days.
All in all would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in Edinburgh

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Zaidee W
Good morning Zaidee W,

Many thanks for taking the time to provide this review and it’s great to hear you found our bedrooms fantastic.

Honest feedback is genuinely important to us, not only does it let us know what our guests are enjoying about our stay but lets us know what we need to tweak to excel in our service. Rest assured, your comments will fully be discussed at our next team meeting and actions put in place to develop our service. Thanks again Zaidee W, we hope to welcome you again soon,

Colin Brand – General Manager
Tasmania, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

As a group of 4 (2 couples) travelling from Australia around Europe for 3 months, we came by train to Edinburgh from London.
I booked online and got a great deal. We stayed in room 209 in the hotel for 4 nights and it was lovely. The furnishings were tasteful, everything was spotlessly clean, it was quiet and the bed was very comfortable. Our friends stayed in 207.
We had dinner in the restaurant, drinks at the bar and breakfast each morning, we couldn't fault the food/drinks or the service. We will certainly recommend this hotel to our friends. Many thanks to Kieren, Duncan and Kerr (as well as all the others whose names I didn't get) for the warm, friendly way they welcomed us. We will come back to Edinburgh, one of the most beautiful cities I've seen, and would definitely choose the Murrayfield hotel again.
The only thing I can find to whinge about was that the room was too warm and the heated towel rack thingy made the bathroom like a sauna, but apart from that - it was perfect!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank flossie00_12
Central E, General Manager at Murrayfield Hotel and House, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Hi flossie00_12

Thank yo so much or your very kind review.

I have passed your comments to ll the team and they were delighted to hear about your recent visit.

We are delighted to have been such an important part of what sounds to have been an excellent adventure.

Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed here again for the rugby. I really think this will be the last time.

Booking 2 treble room's at a cost of over £1000.
I personally expected more this year we stayed in the main building on the top floor cleanliness and decor below par.

We had lunch on arrival steak sandwich and chips not bad.

Went into Edinburgh for the evening called back into the bar for a night cap. The band two lads with guitars were excellent.

Jumped out of bed in the morning remembering how good breakfast was last time. How thing's have changed buffet style all cold totally under staffed no tea or coffee a disaster inedible. Had toast.

During the Saturday even if your a resident all prices are increased to ridiculous costs. Profiteering on rugby crowd.

Breakfast on Sunday was slightly better and a few more members of staff so we got tea and coffee.

To find an English member of staff is all but impossible so communication is a major issue.

A girl who had told us she was the owners daughter wafts about and seems to be too busy to deal with anything other than the temporary staff brought in for the day.

All in all great location for the match, but overpriced accommodation and drinks on match day.

I'm sure this review won't bother them too much as on rugby weekends. They will always sell out.
Hope if you stay on other date's things are better.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank David W
Central E, General Manager at Murrayfield Hotel and House, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear David W

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, I am disappointed to hear that we did live up to our usual high standards.

I would like the opportunity to discuss your points in person so please feel free to email me directly at colinbrand@g1group.co.uk

Mansfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

Fantastic...Booked online whilst looking for hotels with bar and parking.. The Murrayfield ticked all the boxes and was a pleasure to stay there. The staff were very helpful and friendly and the hotel itself very clean and tidy. Location was a very good walk from the city centre ,, but does have its own car park with which you do struggle to find closer to the centre. The breakfast was also excellent and the bar was reasonable also. Would stay again , as we found a Mon - Fri break wasn't long enough to do everything the City has to offer

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Paul N
Central E, General Manager at Murrayfield Hotel and House, responded to this review, 23 February 2014
Good morning Paul N

Many congratulations on your 10 year anniversary.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, we are delighted that you had such a great break.

I will let the chef and the team know just how much you enjoyed your breakfast.

Please dont leave it another ten years before you come and see us again.

Best Wishes

Forfar, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed here because we were going to the theatre, the interior of the hotel was tastefully decorated but we were a little worried when the receptionist took us outside and along the road to a separate house for our room but we were absolutely delighted with our room, high ceilings fabulous furniture with the tallest wardrobe ive ever seen and a TV hidden in the mirror plus its the first hotel we have stayed in that supplied not just a hairdryer but a pair of GHD's. The bathroom was very nice and a great walk in shower that we thoroughly enjoyed, we also liked the little touch of having a copy of Oor Wullie in the bedside drawer instead of the usual bible. The staff were very helpful as we were running late for the theatre so they rushed out our dinner order so we wouldnt be late.
I would highly recommend this hotel, perfect for Murrayfield as well.

Room Tip: We had room 6 in the house and it was brilliant, couldnt say anything about the other rooms because...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Derek L
Central E, General Manager at Murrayfield Hotel and House, responded to this review, 22 February 2014
Good morning Derek L

Thank you so much for your amazing review. We really appreciate when our guests take the time to tell everyone about their stay.

Like you we love our new house and never tire of showing it off to our guests.

I will share your comments with our team at the next team meeting, we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

My mum and I stayed in Murrayfield house for one night (we got a cheap last min deal) and we did not want to leave! Interior design was outstanding and the attention to detail was breathtaking! The room was so comfortable, we slept so well. The complimentary whiskey and fudge was a lovely touch too. Staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. Loved the speakers in the bathroom, showers, tea selection, ghd's and black out ceiling to floor curtains! Amazing! Cant wait to come and stay again.

Room Tip: I don't know what the rooms are like in the hotel but Murrayfield house was just lovely! We stay...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lucy C
Central E, General Manager at Murrayfield Hotel and House, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Good Evening Lucy C

Thank you so much for tasking the time to write your review. We are delighted that you had such an amazing time.

We love our new Murrayfield House and are delighted that you have too.

We look forward to welcoming you again to the hotel and please feel free to contact us directly for your next booking.

Best Wishes