“Beautifully renovated with great staff!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Murrayfield Hotel and House
Ranked #40 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
Sydney, Australia
“Beautifully renovated with great staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

Staff & manager friendly, helpful & professional. Hotel & rooms beautifully renovated - modern & clean with rustic decor. Rooms are small although elegantly decorated with modern bathroom. Restaurant & bar downstairs serve delicious food at reasonable pricing. Love it! Would stay again!

• Stayed May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Central E, Manager at Murrayfield Hotel and House, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Hi Sherii888

Thank you so much for leaving such a fantastic review of your stay with us! I am so happy to hear that you had such a great time, it was an absolute pleasure having you stay here. I will make a point of making sure each of the staff take the time to read your review.

Please do let me know if you are returning so that I can offer the best returners rate for you .... don't stay away too long!

Linda and The Murrayfield Hotel and House Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (370)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Newtownards
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

A great place to visit nice comfortable clean rooms. The experience was mared by inattentive and incompetent bar staff followed closely by the breakfast servers. The food was excellent and value for money .

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Central E, Manager at Murrayfield Hotel and House, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Hi VivienneNewtownards

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review; I appreciate all feedback from our guests.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay within the hotel. I am, however, saddened to hear of your disappointing experience with the service in The Bothy. We pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service and this clearly was not the case during your visit. I would be grateful if you could contact me directly at murrayfield@g1group.com to discuss the issues that you mentioned.

Kind regards

Linda Keddie - Hotel Manager
Henley-on-Thames
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Fantasitic Hotel, I stayed in early May 2014. I usually stay in the hiltons in Edinburgh, but the Murrayfield is now firmly my preferred hotel. Service is excellent, breakfast surperb and freshly prepared. The Staff are extremely helpful and the room extremely cpomfortable and well equiped. I stayed in a luxury room in the House a short walk from the hotel). Highly recommneded.

Room Tip: Stay in the luxury rooms, well worth the little extra money.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Hi PointsMonkey

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a fantastic review! I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found the staff to be extremely helpful. I'll make a point of showing all of the staff your kind comments.

Please keep in touch the next time you are returning to Edinburgh so that we can provide you with the best returners rate.

Don't stay away too long

newcastle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

stayed here on Saturday night and we were given room 7, as we were taken up to our room the other rooms on the floor were being renovated and we were expecting the worst but we needed not to have as when we got inside it was fantastic, massive four poster bed beautiful furniture and an excellent bathroom smart tv on wall and everything a girl would need if she had forgotten something, I cant tell you anything about the food or bar service as we were visiting family so did not get a chance. the only thing for me to complain about which has nothing to do with the hotel was the rip off taxis as a taxi driver myself I was really disappointed at a driver who charged me £21.00 for a 4.2 mile journey shocking. I would definitely stay here again if in Edinburgh.

Room Tip: don't use taxi firm 0131 777 7777 absolute rip off.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Central E, Manager at Murrayfield Hotel and House, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Hi michael r,

Thank you so much for such a lovely review of your stay with us. I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and found your room to be fantastic.

I'm sorry to hear of your issue with the taxis, and will certainly bear this in mind for future guests.

I do hope that you will return to stay with us again, it would be a pleasure to welcome you back.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

We stayed at the Murrayfield on Sunday 4th May. We have stayed there a number of times before and have always been generally happy with the overall standards. We also like the location and the fact that there is parking is a welcome bonus. On arriving we noticed that a number of things had changed since our last visit - pre-renovation - so we were not sure what to expect of our room. In fact we had one of the biggest hotel rooms we've ever stayed in, so with all the space it seemed rather frustrating that someone had put the sofa so close to the wardrobe that I could hardly get the doors open. The room had clearly been renovated but there were various things that were not quite finished so I honestly wasn't sure if it was completed or not. Another reviewer has mentioned the need to pay attention to details and I agree with that point. In general the room was clean and comfortable and we got a good night's sleep so not much to complain about. On previous stays breakfast has always been excellent and although breakfast was good this time it wasn't like before e.g. this time there was no fruit or yoghurts on the cold buffet and we were not offered any toast (neither was anyone else). Also in the old dining room there were nice comfy chairs and tables which were fairly close but not intrusive. This time all the guests who had breakfast were seated in a row along one wall of the Bothy bar. The tables were close together and it was actually hard to get past each other. This arrangement didn't exactly achieve a relaxed breakfast ambience. I did note that there was a large group of tourists in another private dining room and maybe all efforts were focused on them with the few non-group guests left to make do. Overall we had a good stay but I couldn't help hankering back to how it used to be.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Central E, Manager at Murrayfield Hotel and House, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Hi WooWoo2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review of your stay with us; I appreciate all feedback provided by guests.

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and had a good night's sleep. We are still currently undergoing a phased refurbishment, and I am working hard with our housekeeping team to ensure that we are paying attention to detail in each and every room, and providing the highest level of standards to all of our guests.

I'm also happy to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast, but have also passed on your comments to the General Manager so that we can look at possible changes in the future.

Please do contact me directly if you wish to discuss any of these issues further at murrayfield@centraledinburghhotels.co.uk - and of course, if you are returning to stay with us so that we can provide you with the best returner rate.

Kind regards

Linda Keddie- Hotel Manager
Glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

So for a start the two nights we stayed were during the period where the hotel was being rennovated therefore is not a true reflection of the finished article it will be now!

We were placed in one of the luxury rooms in the house along the street. My only fault with this is the feeling of being unattached from the hotel building itself and felt a bit odd having to walk outside and up the street to go for breakfast.

The rooms itself was impressive, decorated tastefully with the impressive chandelier and tv build into the mirror is a wonderful idea. The extra touches of the luxury toiletries in the bathroom and miniature whisky make the guest feel even more welcome. Only bad point is the glass toilet door means no privacy to do your business!

Have to say the food was superb, breakfast is buffet continental style and then freshly made to order to reduce wastage and means it's all piping hot. We also ate one evening meal here, again freshly sourced local produce which we could not fault. The restaurant/bar area had also undergone redecorating so is a lovely modern area with plenty selection of wines, cocktails & beers all reasonably priced.

Location of the hotel is near enough at Edinburgh zoo so it's a bit further out if you are looking to be city centre. We walked one day to the castle which took about 30mins but there is ample buses that run early morning to late at night stopping directly outside the hotel which for few pounds each you can use all day is definitely worth it.

The murrayfield hotel has the potential to be a fabulous boutique hotel, and as I say our stay was during the period of major building works so it did not give us the true reflection of a stay here but would definitely recommend a stay here and will happily return next trip to see the finished article.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Central E, Manager at Murrayfield Hotel and House, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Hi Amanda M

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and in The Bothy - our House is certainly something special, and I'm glad to see that you particularly liked the special little touches that we add to these rooms.

I do hope that you will visit us again once our refurbishment phase has been completed. Please contact us directly so we can provide you with the best returners rate.

Linda & The Murrayfield Hotel and House Team
Letham Grange, Arbroath, Colliston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

Absolutely fabulous everything you could have wished for. Eva gave us a warm welcome. Food excellent , staff lovely. Go into the bedrooms you will get a surprise the TV is behind the mirror awesome. Will return definitely, thank you all. Thank you for accepting my guided dog !

Room Tip: Enjoy your stay could not find a fault, ask about how quiet the room is.
1 Thank CopperDell
Central E, Manager at Murrayfield Hotel and House, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Hi CopperDell

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a fantastic review. I have shown Ewa your kind comments and it has made her day! I will ensure that all the other staff members also read your review of your stay with us.

I'm so happy to hear that you had such a wonderful stay - please do contact us directly when you are next returning so that we can provide you with our best returners rate.

I look forward to seeing you again soon!

Linda & The Murrayfield Hotel and House Team