“Perfect”

Murrayfield Hotel and House
Ranked #39 of 147 Hotels in Edinburgh
“Perfect”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Me and my partner we're stunned when we walked into the house it was amazing and so clean our room was just perfect I loved everything about it from the vitntage to everything else the hotel is lovely aswell me and my partner
And the kids will be back very soon :)

• Stayed June 2014
Central E, Manager at Murrayfield Hotel and House, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Hi Burnsy26,

Thank you for the lovely review of your recent stay with us at Murrayfield House. I'm delighted to hear that you found it to be perfect, we certainly work hard at making the rooms something special for all of our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Linda & The Murrayfield Hotel and House Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (383)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Fife
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I booked a luxe double room (5 in the house) as a surprise for my daughter when we went to see One Direction. I was blown away by the room it was just gorgeous. Was slightly puzzled as to why there was a TV remote and no TV but then discovered it was actually built into the mirror!! Wow!! In the evening the windows lit up purple and I took a bath. Took a while to fill up but was nice and hot and worth the wait. Bed was a bit firm for me but had a great nights sleep just the same. Was a little disappointed that there were no standard tea bags but quick call to reception and they were on the case straight away. Considering the volume of traffic for the concert the hotel were kind enough to let me park my car there even after I had checked out. Was really happy about that. Service was brilliant and so was the breakfast. I would definitely go back and stay in the very same room.

• Stayed June 2014
Hi Discodebz,

Wow - thank you for such a fantastic review of your stay with us!

It'sgreat to hear that you were blown away by the room - that particular room is one of my personal favourites too. The location of the TV's in these rooms is always a lovely surprise and certainly something to remember!

I hope that you and your daughter both enjoyed the concert. Please do let me know when you are coming back to stay so that I can provide you with the best returners rate - and to make sure that you stay in the same room.

Don't stay away too long ...

Linda & The Murrayfield Hotel and House
La Calmette
Reviewed 1 July 2014

As part of a group of 20, my friend and I were assured of having twin beds at every hotel. However, we got a tiny, tiny room with one double bed. The personnel quickly corrected the error, hastily persuading a couple to do the exchange so we got our twin beds. This meant hauling suitcases up and down several floors but again the personnel stepped in and assisted. Our bathroom was big but needed more fittings such as hooks and a shelf. Aside from the lack of an elevator, this hotel has lots of charm, is well situated and the personnel wonderful. I'd go back.

Room Tip: Seniors stay away from the top floors.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hi badmeds,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review of your recent stay with us.

Firstly, I apologise for the error with your room. Unfortunately, we had not been provided with a rooming list for your group so we were unaware of which members of your group were to be allocated with a twin room. However, I am happy to hear that we were able to rectify this quickly for you.

Unfortunately, due to the nature and age of the building, it is not possible to have an elevator within the hotel - however, our staff are always willing to carry luggage and suitcases to your room.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay, and hope the rest of your group did too. I do hope to see you again soon. Keep in touch or add us on facebook to see our great offers to get the best returners rate.

Montrose, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My colleagues and I frequently use The Murrayfield Hotel when we visit Edinburgh on business. We are always made very welcome and can only praise the high standard of service we have received on each visit.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank ShonaS61
Central E, Manager at Murrayfield Hotel and House, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Hi ShonaS61,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review.

It's always a pleasure to hear the staff being praised on the high level of service that they provide. I will let each of the team take the time to read your review.

I hope to see you here again soon - please contact us directly so that we can provide you with the best returners rate.

Tenterden, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Really nice now re furbished. Good rooms, lively bar and decent menu and food. Also the full Scottish breakfast is fantastic quality. Lastly neatly halfway between the road out and the centre of town - short cheap taxi ride or a bus.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Hi Nick M,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review of your stay with us. It's fantastic to hear that you enjoyed our refurbished rooms and that you were able to take advantage of our great location too.

Be sure to contact us directly when you are next visiting so that we can provide you with the best returners rate.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Very nice lunch at The Murrayfield Hotel near Corstorphine Edinburgh. The restaurant/bar was quiet but it was early (12.00). They accept Hi-life cards giving a 50% deduction on food, and staff were very friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend for a tasty lunch.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lyndsey M
Central E, Manager at Murrayfield Hotel and House, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Hi Lyndsey M.

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a quick review of your visit to The Bothy.

I am delighted to hear that you had a very nice lunch, and also that you found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. I will make sure all the staff take the time to read your kind comments.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Palm Coast, Florida
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I stayed at the Murrayfield hotel for the first time last weekend as part of a 'Hen weekend'. My room was very large with a modern four poster extra large bed which was very comfortable the room had a dining table with chairs , a fireplace , a chaise longs and a very well appointed modern shower room with double sinks. All the usual facilities were in the room tea/coffee , hair dryer bathroom supplies etc. The only issue was that it was on the front of the hotel so was noisy during the night from traffic and other guests raised voices in the reception area and music from the bar/restaurant area.
We had an excellent dinner in the Doocot room which is perfect for small parties. The food was very good and the service from our waiter Ricky was very attentive nothing was too much trouble for him and he looked after us very well. Thanks should also go to Cordelia who helped put the evening together.
The hotel is a great location for Murrayfield stadium and also the airlink bus stops about 100 yards away . There are many local city buses also stopping close to the hotel so it's easy to get into town.
The staff in the bar were very friendly and the reception staff were welcoming too.
There was no air conditioning in the room which could be uncomfortable if there was a hot evening in Edinburgh.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from main staircase and away from the main road.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Thank Robertson;Mrs.a... R
Central E, Manager at Murrayfield Hotel and House, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Hi Jules099,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed review about your stay with us! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay - we do have quiet rooms at the back of the building and are more than happy to allocate one of these to our guests wherever possible.

I will also pass on your lovely comments to both Ricky and Cordelia - I know that Ricky especially will be delighted to hear of your kind words.

Please do contact us directly when you are next returning so that we can provide you with the best returners rate.