“Wonderful stay!”

Ranked #39 of 147 Hotels in Edinburgh
Scotland
“Wonderful stay!”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Our family had an absolutely faultless stay at the Murrayfield Hotel. It was my sons second birthday and we had planned a visit to Edinburgh zoo. The hotel was just perfect. The staff were wonderful and extremely helpful, they even left a little birthday card in our room for my son! The room decor was beautiful with so many lovely little extras, magazines, GHDs (lifesaver!) lovely chocolates, great selections of teas and coffees etc. It is little thoughtful touches like this that leave a lasting impression. We ate at the restaurant for dinner & and again for breakfast both of which were lovely. Again, the staff were so friendly and made such a fuss of our little one, which he loved! I would not hesitate to return here and to recommend to out friends. In fact, we cant wait to return!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Central E, Manager at Murrayfield Hotel and House, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Hi Cindy017,

Wow - thank you for such a great review!

Myself and the reception team all remember you and your family, so we are all incredibly happy to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay with us. It's always great to hear such positive feedback about the little touches we add to the room.

It would be an absolute pleasure to welcome you all back - please contact us directly when you are returning so that we can provide you with our returners rate.

Don't stay away too long!

Linda & The Murrayfield Hotel and House Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (382)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Arbroath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stayed overnight last night. Super hotel. Receptionists Victoria and Eva so pleasant also bar staff and waiter Andy.
Nice room with all amenities, tea, coffee, iron, hair dryer. Bar excellent stock of cask beers, etc. also nice menu and good quality.
Would recommend a stay if in Edinburgh.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank watchman38
Central E, Manager at Murrayfield Hotel and House, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Good morning watchman38,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review. It's always fantastic to hear that our guests find our staff to be so friendly and helpful, and I will make sure that Ewa, Victoria and Andy all take the time to read your lovely comments.

Please do let us know directly when you are next returning so that we can provide you with the best returners rate. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back here again.

Edinburgh
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Myself and my 14 year old daughter stayed in the house part off the hotel before a gig in murrayfield and honestly I must say I've stated in a few hotels recently and this has got to be the nicest and cleanest place I've ever stayed inn the staff are a credit to the place too ,very helpful and extremely polite bent over backwards to help you honestly if your thinking off staying in Edinburgh this is got to be a must to check out . Really hope I get an excuse to go back and stay again real soon .

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Mahdimoo
Good morning Mahdimoo,

Wow - thank you for such a great review of your stay with us! It's always great to hear such fantastic feedback about the Hotel and House. I'm also delighted to hear that you found the staff to be so helpful and friendly and I'll make sure that they all take the time to read your kind comments.

Please contact us directly when you are next returning (we'll even help you find an excuse to return!) so that we can provide you with the best returners rate.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 1 July 2014

WE booked our last night before returning home at the Murrayfield, just the basic double room. It is a lovely stone building with outdoor seating, a bar and restaurant. After a lot of travel, I wanted everything under one roof. It is also on the Air Link route - the stop is just a few minutes walk. When we arrived, there was a large group checking in. The receptionist told us they had put us in the annex Murrayfield House, just three doors down. I thought I wanted to stay in the main hotel until we were escorted to MH. This is a very upscale French country chateau style building with just a few rooms. We were in number 8, which faces the garden. It was absolutely gorgeous, high ceilings, a 5 star accommodation, with divine bathroom and separate toilet room. We felt so pampered with in room porcelain coffee service mini bar and just the overall decorating. If you can manage it, you will not be disappointed. I cannot comment on the Hotel rooms, but everyone was very cordial, including the young lady who took us to MH. Because of the large group, she reserved a seat for us in the DR. The group wound up in an interior DR, and it was just the usual Wed evening crowd. Bar service and food were both excellent. It was a wonderful end to our extended trip to Scotland.

Room Tip: The building faces Corstophine road, which is a main drag, so I think rooms that face the rear might...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank abqjoani
Central E, Manager at Murrayfield Hotel and House, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Good Morning abqjoani,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely review.

I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Murrayfield House - as you have pointed out, it's just a few doors down from the main reception and hotel building. I can only apologise for the wait that was incurred during the check in process, as we were checking in a large group of guests, and we will always escort our guests to their rooms in the House.

We've added a lot of extra touches to our House rooms, so it's fantastic to hear that you too enjoyed them and felt pampered.

It was a pleasure to have met you, and that we were able to provide you with a wonderful evening on your last night in Scotland.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I have been in lots of Hotels all over the world this is in the top 10, an experience not to be missed ,convienient for Zoo and its Pandas ,and only minutes by bus into Princess Street for sightseeing and shopping. Staff very friendly. Food excellent quality.Accomodation has to be seen to be believe

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Good morning Peter D,

Thank you so much for leaving such a fantastic review - it's great to hear that we are in your top 10 hotels! We've put a lot of hard work into making our rooms something special

We think our location is great too - as you pointed out, we're just a short journey to both the Zoo and the city centre.

Please contact us directly when you are next returning - it would be a pleasure to welcome you back at anytime.

Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Staff are very friendly and helpful. New décor is very smart and luxury rooms are very comfortable. Food is good at a reasonable price. Have stayed several times and would definitely recommend it. Breakfast provides a good choice and good times.Loved the little touches of gifts in the box, the TV in the mirror, the lights round the windows.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Hi Fay L,

Thank you for such a lovely review of your recent stay with us. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed the little extra touches in our room - be sure to enjoy our selection of tea and coffee with one of our teacakes next time you stay!

It's also great to hear that you enjoyed The Bothy next door for food and breakfast.

Please let me know when you are next returning so that I can provide you with the best rate.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I panicked when I finally used my brain and realised that the Murrayfield was close to Marrayfield -I had visions of a dodgy B &B.

In pracitise it was a quality boutique hotel. The road seemed noisy but once inside all I could hear was birds in the garden that my room opened on to.

The coffee, water etc provided in the room was quality as were the items supplied in the bathroom.

When I go back to Edinburgh I would definately book the Murrayfield -all in all exceptional room, comfortable and tasteful, and helpful staff

I have added the hotel to the list of recommended places to stay for those visiting our Edinburgh office

Room Tip: Mine was ground floor at the back with access to the garden - fantastic
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Good morning penny c,

I'm delighted to hear that we exceeded your expectations of your stay with us! We do work hard to make our rooms that something special, so I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the extra little touches that we provide in each room. I hope you tried one of the teacakes too!

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review - please do contact me directly when you are next returning so I can provide you with the best returners rate.