“amazing stay, amazing staff, amazing everything really!”

Murrayfield Hotel and House
Ranked #35 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed in this amazing hotel on a whim, I loved the website and decided I had to see it. Not one thing disappointed us! One of best hotel's we stayed in during our 6 week UK adventure. The staff were sincere and just a dream to talk to. The food was satisfying to the pallet, eyes and wallet. The location was superb! 10 minute bus ride or 30 minute walk to town.
My husband works in hotels and he was astounded by this little gem. It's always nice when you can stump someone who is old hat at this game :-)

When we come back, we'll stay here again for sure. I've already recommended the hotel to a number of people.

oh and Ahhhhhhhhhhhh thanks for rescuing our passports from the safe in our room! Lol. It was a fab drive back from glasgow to pick them up!

We stayed in a deluxe room - first on right as you go in the house. Book It. You know you want too.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Helen M
Central E, Manager at Murrayfield Hotel and House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Hi Helen M,

Wow - thank you so much for such an amazing review! I'm delighted that you both enjoyed your time with us here, and that we were able to astound your husband with your room!

It was an absolute pleasure to have you stay with us and I do hope that we will see you here again soon - we'll even remind you to take your passports with you next time!

Be sure to contact us directly when you are returning so we can provide you with the best returners rate. Don't stay away too long!

Linda & The Murrayfield Hotel and House Team

Write a ReviewReviews (2,162)

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I have never reviews hotels before. My family just returned from a 14 day trip to scotland including 7 different hotels all over the country. We started in edinburgh. I booked independently online after researching and reading reviews. I booked this hotel because I needed a family room for three people. In the US we call this a triple room. Here however they are called family rooms. This hotel offered us a beautiful room, high ceilings and very spacious. The bathroom was big and very lovely. Our room was in the house so if you need a room for a family, book the house. Our room came with breakfast on the restaurant which was very good and had wonderful service. Our server was Andy and we loved him. I give this hotel a very high rating. We had a van with us that we parked on site for free. We took the bus into town center which was easy and really close to this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank BJK12342014
Central E, Manager at Murrayfield Hotel and House, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Hi BJK12342014,

Thank you for such a fantastic review - it's great to hear that we made such an impression on you that we are the first hotel that you have reviewed!

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in the House, we do like to do things a little differently. I'm also delighted to hear that you enjoyed breakfast and will show Andy your comments - I know that this will make his day!

I hope that you enjoyed the rest of your trip around Scotland and I do hope that you will return again. It would be a pleasure to welcome you and your family here anytime.

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my daughter. What a gem of a place. We were warmly greeted on booking in the girl couldn't do enough for us generally all staff were exceptional couldn't fault anyone or anything about our stay.
Great nights sleep followed by a lovely freshly cooked Scottish breakfast staff were very friendly and had a good banter with us and other guests.
I will defiantly come back and would recommend to other friends and family if coming to Edinburgh.
Many thanks for a wonderful stay

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Alison M

Hi Alison M,

Thank you for such a fantastic review! I'm delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful stay with us - it was a pleasure to welcome you here to Murrayfield Hotel.

I will make sure that all of our staff take the time to read your review - they all work very hard and it's always great to hear our guests remark on how friendly and helpful they are.

I hope to see you here again soon - remember to contact us directly when you are next returning to ensure the best returners rate.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We were in one of the not yet refurbished rooms. Loose and broken floor tiles in the otherwise nice bathroom made it a less nice experience. Staff at the reception was great. Staff in the restaurant for breakfast a no go. Orders took very long, quite unfriendly and unorganised personnel. The buffet offered a rather small selection.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Wolfgang E
Central E, Manager at Murrayfield Hotel and House, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Hi Wolfgang E,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review; I appreciate all feedback provided by guests.

I am sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your stay, or that I was able to speak to you directly before you departed. As you noted, not all of our rooms have yet been refurbished, and I will alert the Maintenance department to the floor tiles in your bathroom in order to have this issue rectified urgently.

I also apologise for the service that you received during breakfast times. I have passed on your comments to the General Manager of The Bothy and he will investigate your comments fully. I am happy to hear however, that you found the reception team to be great, and will ensure that each of them take the time to read your kind comment.

Please do contact me directly when you are next returning so that I can ensure you are allocated one of our newly refurbished rooms.

Kind regards

Linda Keddie - Hotel Manager

Reviewed 29 July 2014

The hotel has clean rooms but the rooms have no ventilation and thus become very stuffy. I had to keep the door open for almost 1 hour to let the foul air out. There are no phones in the room so even for ordering, one needs to go down.

Room Tip: Being on the main road and near the airport is a benefit. airlink buses from the airport drop close...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Good evening kppmumbai,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review of your stay with us; I appreciate all feedback provided to us by our guests.

I am saddened to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your stay with us and I would be grateful if you could contact me directly at murrayfield@centraledinburghhotels.co.uk to discuss your stay further.

Linda Keddie - Hotel Manager

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed for 2 nights during the Commonwealth Games 2014 and it was reasonably priced. The room was well appointed and comfortable, an added bonus was the Tunnocks Caramel Wafers provided with the tea and coffee. The breakfast was good value for money and staff were very helpful and friendly. the transport links made it cheap and easy to get into the centre of the city with buses running every 5mins from near the hotel - just make sure you have change. The Bothy bar, linked to the hotel was a pleasant place for a meal and a drink too.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RSib

Good morning RSib,

Thank you for such a great review! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the Caramel Wafers to be an extra bonus (they are one of my personal favourites!).

We certainly feel that we are situated in a great wee spot, so it's always lovely to hear that our guests are able to take advantage of it with the fantastic local transport system from almost right outside our door.

I do hope that we will see you again soon - remember to contact us directly to ensure the best returners rate. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back at anytime.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

sadly could only stay one night here. all was perfect! restful and extremely clean. room was one of the smaller budget rooms but was impeccibly clean. professional staff,. great food. the bar and restaurant were lovly and service was excellent.

Room Tip: late booking got a great rate with a budget- sized room
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Pyromomma
Central E, Manager at Murrayfield Hotel and House, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Hi Pyromomma,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review! I'm so happy to hear that you found your stay to be perfect, with both the room and The Bothy. I will make sure that all the staff take the time to read your fantastic comments.

Please do contact me directly when you are next returning so that I can provide the best returners rate for you.