I stayed here with my boyfriend last night and found the customer service from the lady at the desk terrible. One of the reasons we booked this hotel was because it had parking but when we arrived at 1.30pm there were no spaces left and the only option we had was to pay for street parking!! The receptionist did not care and told us there was nothing she could do.
The room was worn and there were dirty marks on the carpets and curtains. There were two long hairs in the bath which meant I couldn't use it and when I went to use the shower there were more hairs on the shower and on the tiles- it was disgusting. When I mentioned this to the receptionist at check out she just shrugged and said they are understaffed!! I don't think this is a valid excuse when paying nearly £150 to stay here for 1 night!
There was also a constant humming noise which sounded like an extractor fan or something going on all night which resulted in us both having a broken sleep,
On check put the receptionist asked if we used anything from the mini bar (the fridge only had 2 bottles of still and 2 bottles of sparking water) and I said we drank 2 bottles of water but I assumed it was complimentary as there was no price list. I said this to her and she accused me of lying and said there is a price list in every room. By this point I just wanted to leave and paid for the water but I have never received such terrible customer service in my life.
I will never stay with the Novotel again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Edinburgh Centre is an AA rated 4 star hotel in the centre of Edinburgh. Perfect for a holiday in the Scottish capital, close to Edinburgh Castle and the lively Grassmarket Area, 10 min walk from Princes Street shopping and the Royal Mile. The famous Arthurs Seat is 15 min walk away and Edinburgh International Airport 15 min drive. Relax with friends or family and enjoy Elements Restaurant and Bar, 24 hour room service, indoor pool, sauna, steam room, gym and whirlpool. Limited pay parking. Complimentary WiFi available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Lastminute, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Novotel Edinburgh Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Edinburgh Centre Hotel Edinburgh
- Accor Edinburgh Centre
- Edinburgh Novotel
- Novotel Edinburgh Centre Scotland