I really, really enjoyed my stay here. Everything went well, from the very friendly welcome from the young lady at Reception through to my checkout. I cannot think of a single complaint (not like me, that!)
The location was good, I thought. Certainly perfectly safe, even at night. It is not bang in the centre but is within a fairly easy 10 or 15 minute walk of everything. You will need a taxi to and from the stations, though, if you have luggage (whether Waverley or Haymarket, as both are a full mile away.) My room had a fantastic view of Edinburgh castle and felt really spacious, with a separate WC and bathroom. I know some people dislike having the toilet separate, but I think it works really well in the morning if there are two of you, especially if your other half is a shower hogger like mine! The bed was perhaps a little on the hard side but I slept perfectly well.
One reason I like Novotels is the excellent food and wine, and again they did not disappoint. Both evening meals I had were delicious. The bar is also more pleasant than the majority of hotel bars tend to be, with a very nice barman (Tommy, I think he was called.) I didn't really have time to try out the leisure facilities, but had a look at them and thought they seemed very good - a nice warm plunge pool and a small swimming pool. All very clean and well kept.
I would be more than happy to return and stay here if travelling up to Edinburgh again, whether for business or pleasure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Edinburgh Centre is an AA rated 4 star hotel in the centre of Edinburgh. Perfect for a holiday in the Scottish capital, close to Edinburgh Castle and the lively Grassmarket Area, 10 min walk from Princes Street shopping and the Royal Mile. The famous Arthurs Seat is 15 min walk away and Edinburgh International Airport 15 min drive. Relax with friends or family and enjoy Elements Restaurant and Bar, 24 hour room service, indoor pool, sauna, steam room, gym and whirlpool. Limited pay parking. Complimentary WiFi available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Novotel Edinburgh Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Edinburgh Centre Hotel Edinburgh
- Accor Edinburgh Centre
- Edinburgh Novotel
- Novotel Edinburgh Centre Scotland