We very much enjoyed our stay, thought it was great value for money, and would happily return. The only reason for not giving a 5* rating is the room design. They've crammed a lot into a small space, but the result (at least in our room) is that the sitting area is large, but the area closer to the bathroom is cramped and it felt a bit hazardous squeezing between the bed and the wall to get between the small toilet and the small bathroom to wash your hands. Other than that it's all quite cleverly done, with more room facilities than I expected for the price I paid, spotlessly clean and well-maintained. We heard no noise from adjoining rooms or from outside, and we had a lovely view from the 4th floor of the castle (requested in advance, with a fast and personal response to my emails). The big windows (that can be opened) let in plenty of light.
The hotel itself is very well run. Every encounter with staff was pleasant and professional, and it looked as if a lot of thought was put into providing a good service. We noticed that food that a guest had dropped in our corridor was cleaned up very quickly, and the common areas throughout the hotel looked fresh and well-maintained, with lots of light. Wifi (free in rooms + common areas) worked well for us, the bar was pleasant with a good choice of sports channels but also quieter non-TV areas, and although we didn't have time to use the leisure facilities the pool area looked nice. Check-in and check-out was efficient, friendly and helpful.
We didn't eat in the hotel, but the menus looked interesting and varied, and the dining area looked fine for a casual meal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Edinburgh Centre is an AA rated 4 star hotel in the centre of Edinburgh. Perfect for a holiday in the Scottish capital, close to Edinburgh Castle and the lively Grassmarket Area, 10 min walk from Princes Street shopping and the Royal Mile. The famous Arthurs Seat is 15 min walk away and Edinburgh International Airport 15 min drive. Relax with friends or family and enjoy Elements Restaurant and Bar, 24 hour room service, indoor pool, sauna, steam room, gym and whirlpool. Limited pay parking. Complimentary WiFi available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Novotel Edinburgh Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Edinburgh Centre Hotel Edinburgh
- Accor Edinburgh Centre
- Edinburgh Novotel
- Novotel Edinburgh Centre Scotland