On entrance to this hotel you are immediately dazzled so much by the bright lights and strange seating arrangement that it feels like you are in a car showroom.Everything is open plan which results in a smell of the pool and restaurant mixed together. The rooms are very strangely laid out with a separate toilet away from the bathroom and very minimalist.There is very little storage area,no plug sockets near the bed,the bed was uncomfortable and there was stains on the very worn carpet. Right, thats the bad bits over so now to the good....the staff are excellent, the bathrooms are fine with a separate shower, the pool/sauna/steam/gym are fine, the location is good and the price is good(especially for Edinburgh hotels). For us it served a purpose for our visit but we would not visit again.....sorry.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Edinburgh Centre is an AA rated 4 star hotel in the centre of Edinburgh. Perfect for a holiday in the Scottish capital, close to Edinburgh Castle and the lively Grassmarket Area, 10 min walk from Princes Street shopping and the Royal Mile. The famous Arthurs Seat is 15 min walk away and Edinburgh International Airport 15 min drive. Relax with friends or family and enjoy Elements Restaurant and Bar, 24 hour room service, indoor pool, sauna, steam room, gym and whirlpool. Limited pay parking. Complimentary WiFi available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Novotel Edinburgh Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Edinburgh Centre Hotel Edinburgh
- Accor Edinburgh Centre
- Edinburgh Novotel
- Novotel Edinburgh Centre Scotland