“A great hotel”

Novotel Edinburgh Centre
Ranked #72 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Stayed here for 3 weeks for business in march,the hotel is in a great location,rooms big clean and if you get an upgraded room you get a nice view of the castle.Big thanks to the bar staff who were excellent,nothing was too much trouble for them and on several occasions they asked the chef for us to make a few starters/mains that wasn't on the menu ! the chef made them and presented them to perfection so many thanks to you too.gym small but all 5 machines of good quality and a nice pool/steam room.many thanks to Angela on front desk for overseeing our stay.I look forward to returning with the wife for leisure in the summer.
Brett

Room Tip: Upgrade room has lovely views of the castle
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Craig M, General Manager at Novotel Edinburgh Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2014

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am glad my team made your stay enjoyable and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards,

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Stayed in this hotel for 2 nights in April. Lovely clean hotel. Pleasant staff. The room was nice and clean and big enough for 2 adults, 2 kids. Breakfasts were good, not sure if I would want to pay £14 extra but we had them included. We didn't eat in the restaurant in the evening, but we did have drinks and snacks in the bar one afternoon which were good. Took about 10mins to walk to the West End of Princess Street.

The pool wasn't huge but big enough for the kids to enjoy, has a steam room, jacuzzi and sauna too. There is an xbox and some smaller toys in reception for the kids too, although ours didn't use them.

Kids struggled to connect to the free Wi-fi but not too much of an issue. Just a quick note if you are travelling with kids, we were told the first night kids couldn't stay in the bar after 8pm, however, the next night we were told we could sit in the area just below the bar.

All in all a good stay and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sarah L

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad you had a good stay with us and hope to welcome you back again soon. Kind regards,

Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

Overall we had a great stay at the Novotel in Edinburgh. The staff where excellent, rooms where ok, dont go for executive as these are just the same as standard with slippers and a robe at extra £50 per night. A bit out of the centre kn terms of location but value for money if booked on cheap sites.

• Stayed: April 2014

Many thanks for your review. I am glad my team made your stay enjoyable and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards,

Reviewed 8 April 2014

We stayed here for two nights and it was as advertised. A central location suitable for families.

Car park was full so we did need to walk about ten mins back to hotel from Semple Street (great value though at £16 for the entire weekend as we just walked everywhere).

As we unloaded car I could have done with a bit of help with our luggage as I was on my own with our 8 year old juggling bags and nobody offered assistance.

Room was great, clean, spacious and bath robes a pleasant addition for trips to the pool! The pool is small but very clean, changing rooms good. Gym looked good :)

Bar, good service and menu has plentiful choice if you decide to stay in after a long journey. Scottish law does mean no kids allowed in bar after 2000 so you will need to move to restaurant area. Book breakfast when you check in as it is approx. £5 per head cheaper, alternatively loads of brilliant placed in Edinburgh to catch a bite to eat.
Team employed at the hotel all pretty friendly and keen to offer assistance where they can.
We would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad you had a good stay with us and apologise if there wasn’t always a member of staff available to assist you. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon! Kind regards,

Reviewed 7 April 2014

We stayed here on 3rd April 2014 in order to see Adam Ant at the Liquid Room. The hotel is amazing, great gym facilities, pool and sauna facilities, lovely big rooms, nice reception area, first class service and a lovely breakfast (which i had to pay extra for and i would recommend). On site parking is available which is a bit costly, but that is the way of the world at the moment. Ideally situated for the liquid rooms too. Would visit here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ronnie M

Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon. Kind regards,

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Paid a good rate for this hotel and was not disappointed. Nice staff, room adequate, etc. no traffic noise at night, bed very comfy and had 3 good nights' sleep. Lovely view of the castle from the room.
Hotel is close to a stop for the city sightseeing bus, and other bus stops. Not too far to walk to the main attractions. Plenty of nearby cafés for breakfast ( hotel breakfast a little too expensive for me).
Bathroom is separate to the toilet, which isn't necessarily a problem, but does mean walking out and around to wash your hands.
All in all, a nice little hotel. Would recommend and go back again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the Novotel Edinburgh Centre. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards,

Reviewed 5 April 2014

I stayed with my wife for seven nights, between 20 and 27 of March 2014 and i must say that we had a perfect stay at this hotel.The spot is very good and the most of the "best see sites" of the town are about 15 minutes by foot.Grassmarket i just behind and bus lines (for airport,Rosslin Chapel etc) are two minutes walk.The room was hot enough and the aircondition was working perfect.We are Greeks and the -2 celsius at nights is a bit unusual for us, at the end of the March. The breakfast was great, fresh , very well cooked and hot as possible. It's a great value for money.I definitely would come back again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments – I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards,