“Great Service”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Mauritius
“Great Service”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Myself and my husband were in Edinburgh for three nights. From the moment we entered the hotel till we left , service was great. The staff are very welcoming and helped us to get around Edinburgh by ourselves. Food in the restaurant was great and room was clean.

Room Tip: Any room is ok as we were in the hotel only to sleep and spent most of the time autside . Beds are c...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Craig M, General Manager at Novotel Edinburgh Centre, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank you for your great feedback. The whole hotel staff is looking forward to welcome you again!

Kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here in mid June for vacation and to pick up a Trafalger tour. We stayed for 5 days. The location is a short walk from Grassmarket (5 min.) and about 15 min. walk to the Royal Mile.

Room was clean and quiet. The wireless is poor but I was supposed to be on vacation!

The thing that really set them apart was the quality of the staff. Everyone we dealt with was extremely helpful, very knowledgable and always happy to help us find our way around the city. Can't say enough good about the staff!

After our stay, we received a survey link. I filled out the survey and commented on the rather worn carpet in our room. I received an email from the hotel manager apologizing and letting me know they were doing a refresh next year! Now that's service!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Craig M, General Manager at Novotel Edinburgh Centre, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Thank you very much for your positiv review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the Novotel Edinburgh Centre.I will share your feedback with our team. I look forward to welcome you again.

dundee
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Lovely hotel located about a twenty minute walk from Princess Street or a short taxi ride at a cost of approx £6. Nice clean hotel and good sized bedrooms. Good choice at the breakfast buffet. Would revisit and recommend
Only negative was there was no handbasin in the seperate toilet in the room.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Many thanks for posting your comments. We appreciate all feedback very much and the team and I look forward to welcoming you back at Novotel Edinburgh Centre.

Bristol England
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I could not get into my usual favourite so I plumped for the Novotel and I enjoyed my stay. Lauriston Place is just behind the Grassmarket so is a little further away from the centre of the city but Edinburgh is such a wonderful city that it is good to stay at a different location and explore. If you are arriving by train or tram into Edinburgh I suggest a cab to the hotel when you first arrive but then you should really walk and savour the city.This chain is of a fairly uniform high standard I have stayed in other hotels of this brand in the last couple of months and they were very similar.

Now some boring stuff, the room was clean, bright and comfortable. The bathroom was also clean and bright with a really good shower. Breakfast was up to the usual high standard of such hotels although not extraordinary I thought it to be good value. I have had dinner at the hotel and although I have pretty high standards I thought the meal was very acceptable, this sounds a bit mean, I probably should say the food was good, but unless you don't wish to leave your hotel there are many other interesting choices nearby. I recently had an unforgettable evening starting at the Grassmarket and then moving on to a couple of the many great bars. Life should have a good measure of fun and a couple of nights at this Novotel puts you in a good location to start!

Room Tip: All rooms are good and for light sleepers this hotel might be a better choice than some slightly mor...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Craig M, General Manager at Novotel Edinburgh Centre, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Great hotel. Clean, tidy rooms with ultra comfy beds. Very little outside noise heard from room above road.
Staff at check in and meals etc are incredibly friendly and helpful, providing an outstanding service.
Pool and jacuzzi etc are great although changing rooms are very small and lack privacy.
Location is great - only a short walk to the extremely busy Grasmarket and a 5 min bus ride to Princes street.
Overall we had a great time and would without doubt stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Novotel Hotels

Craig M, General Manager at Novotel Edinburgh Centre, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you so much for your great feedback, I will share it with my team.
We looking forward to welcome you again in our hotel.

London
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Modern business hotel conveniently located in the heart of the city and right behind Edinburgh castle. Not cheap / not expensive. Comfortable, well-designed bedrooms. Well above average breakfast served and with plenty of choice. One minor complaint: coffee sachets in bedroom could do with upgrading to better quality.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Craig M, General Manager at Novotel Edinburgh Centre, responded to this review, 27 June 2014

Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Friendly check in. Corporate rate of £71 so extremely good value for room and breakfast. Bed was firm but comfortable for my taste. Funky clean bathroom with ok toiletries. Very convenient location. Didn't have chance to try the leisure facilities. Buffet breakfast plentiful and tasty

Stayed June 2014
Thank you for your positive feedback, we looking forward to see you again, perhaps than you have the time to enjoy our leisure facilities.