In August of this year, i visited Novotel for one night with the man. We found the hotel to be very easy to find (with the use of sat nav obviously) and it was in a superb centre location, close to shops and pubs etc. The underground parking facility was very handy and seemed rather secure. However, we grudged paying £10 for every time we left the car park! The room itself was very clean and modern, especially the bathroom which was rather fancy and included a large shower cubicle and bath. We requested a smoking room and were happy to hear that one was available. There was also a large TV with plenty of channels including Sky1! The bed was comfortable and large which came in handy ;) ;) . We were also served breakfast in bed which added £3 onto our room charge. However, there was a large selection of items to choose from and we enjoyed our continental breakfast thoroughly. Again, the hotel is quite close to the city centre and was within a 15 minute walking distance of several pubs.
Our only complaint was the restaurant within the hotel. The restaurant staff didn't seem to be very well trained. When we were shown to our table we had to request a drink. The food took a long time to arrive, the fillet steak was over cooked, the deep fried fish was full of bones and we were charged a ridiculous £4.75 for a simple vodka and lemonade! The food was over priced and not worth the money. But apart from that we would recommend Novotel as the room was very good value for money and it was a lovely place to stay. The only thing we would advise though, would be to skip the restaurant in the hotel and eat out, as it will probably be of better quality and for a lot less money! ;)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Edinburgh Centre is an AA rated 4 star hotel in the centre of Edinburgh. Perfect for a holiday in the Scottish capital, close to Edinburgh Castle and the lively Grassmarket Area, 10 min walk from Princes Street shopping and the Royal Mile. The famous Arthurs Seat is 15 min walk away and Edinburgh International Airport 15 min drive. Relax with friends or family and enjoy Elements Restaurant and Bar, 24 hour room service, indoor pool, sauna, steam room, gym and whirlpool. Limited pay parking. Complimentary WiFi available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel Edinburgh Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Edinburgh Centre Hotel Edinburgh
- Accor Edinburgh Centre
- Edinburgh Novotel
- Novotel Edinburgh Centre Scotland