I always like Novotel for their kid friendliness. They often come in with a heated pool, a kids area including playstation or xbox 360 etc, good double sofa beds in the same room, and free breakfast. Plus on the odd occasion when we eat at Novotels, kids have a healthy selection that is attractive (a difficult accomplishment by any measure!). As a result I find them to be some of the best value for money around for a family of four.
This Novotel is an average to the ones I've been (Novotel Gare de Lyon in France being the best so far). Its endearing qualities are that it is walking distance (or a GBP4 taxi trip away from the royal mile and princes street).
Rooms: This holiday was in two parts so I had two different rooms, one for each leg of the holiday. The first room I had was faultless. The second room had the large safe unhinged and could be locked and then pulled out and taken lock-stock-and-barrel out of the room. Good thing I realised, but room staff where so efficient in dealing with it. The bathroom in the second room had mould in the shower where there was plastic grout (silicon) running top to bottom in two corners. I know this is the result of the type of silicon used, but it would not have been too difficult for maintenance to wipe off with some anti-fouling or mould removal spray. Reduced the overall sparkle of the hotel. The daily changing staff were immaculate. Very courteous and thorough at what they do.
Concierge: The hotel does not have a concierge. However, when we asked reception a question about the zoo, one fine young lady whose name is Cashmira More (hope I remembered the name tag well :) gave us an exceptional service, phoning the zoo twice for us and suggesting alternatives (the zoo was closed due to inclement wheather), and ensuring the alternative was open and giving us clear directions. Great service, and makes me want to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Edinburgh Centre is an AA rated 4 star hotel in the centre of Edinburgh. Perfect for a holiday in the Scottish capital, close to Edinburgh Castle and the lively Grassmarket Area, 10 min walk from Princes Street shopping and the Royal Mile. The famous Arthurs Seat is 15 min walk away and Edinburgh International Airport 15 min drive. Relax with friends or family and enjoy Elements Restaurant and Bar, 24 hour room service, indoor pool, sauna, steam room, gym and whirlpool. Limited pay parking. Complimentary WiFi available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Expedia, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Novotel Edinburgh Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Edinburgh Centre Hotel Edinburgh
- Accor Edinburgh Centre
- Edinburgh Novotel
- Novotel Edinburgh Centre Scotland