I stayed at the Novotel Edinburgh Centre for three nights in Jan 2011. I was offered (and accepted) an upgrade on check-in and was happy to pay the extra UKP20.00 per night for this as it included the cost of the internet connection. The restaurant was good (I had dinner there as well as breakfast) and staff were friendly and helpful.
I don't know if I was just tired after my 36 hour journey but when I checked in I found the young lady who was on the reception desk spoke very quickly and indistinctly, clearly to a set formula with which she was very familiar. I felt embarrassed at having to ask her to repeat things.
Just an odd feature of the room: the bathroom door was permanently open as the bed was in the way and wouldn't allow the outwardly-opening door to close. I guess this happened with the renovation of the room, but it did strike me as something that would be awkward had I been staying there with someone else.
Overall, though, I was very happy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Edinburgh Centre is an AA rated 4 star hotel in the centre of Edinburgh. Perfect for a holiday in the Scottish capital, close to Edinburgh Castle and the lively Grassmarket Area, 10 min walk from Princes Street shopping and the Royal Mile. The famous Arthurs Seat is 15 min walk away and Edinburgh International Airport 15 min drive. Relax with friends or family and enjoy Elements Restaurant and Bar, 24 hour room service, indoor pool, sauna, steam room, gym and whirlpool. Limited pay parking. Complimentary WiFi available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, ACCOR, Priceline, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Novotel Edinburgh Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Edinburgh Centre Hotel Edinburgh
- Accor Edinburgh Centre
- Edinburgh Novotel
- Novotel Edinburgh Centre Scotland