“Warm and comfortable”

Canon Court Apartments
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Stayed one night in these warm and comfortable apartments which have seen better days ( carpets, rugs and bathroom tiles could be replaced) but are kept as clean as possible. Quiet surroundings and good parking as well as very nice nearby pubs,shops and restaurants make this an ideal - if slightly on the pricey side - place to stay. The reception lady was very friendly and we enjoyed our night away from our families and our first time staying in an apartment rather than a hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Canon Court Apartments

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Just back from a fabulous stay at Canon Court Apartments. Great location for shopping and theatre, walked to the Playhouse in about 15mins but bus stop right outside the apartments so Princess Street very easy accessible. Very clean, fully fitted kitchen with everything you need but there is also plenty eating places around if you don't want to cook. Good sized bedroom and bathroom too. Staff very friendly and happy to help with directions and places of interest - nothing was a bother for them. Stayed in Edinburgh many times and normally good accommodation means having to spend a fortune - not now we have found these apartments - great value for money and up there with the best of them - very impressed and will definitely return !!!!!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Stayed here with some American friends who wanted to see Edinburgh for three nights. These self contained apartments are ideal for independence and so much better than formal hotel rooms etc. Tesco around the back and car parking and garage with shop opposite make it a great place to stay. Yes the decor and facilities are somewhat worn and dated but all is clean and for basic cooking and breakfast it's definitely to be recommended. I would definitely stay here again if ever back to Edinburgh.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Stayed here several times recently, very convenient, clean and spacious apartments. Good central location, great to park up and make use of public transport right outside building. Lift in building, Tesco superstore around the corner so very convenient for picking up essentials to make use of well equipped kitchen.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I booked the Canon Court Apartments through my time share. My partner and I were there for 2 weeks.

First, the location was great. We were just outside of the hubbub of central Edinburgh. Close enough to walk (about 10 minutes to the Old Town), yet far enough to be a lot quieter.

The Canonmills area around the hotel has tons of restaurants, shops, buses, even a stop for the hop-on/hop-off buses. We were also 5 minutes walk from the Botanical Gardens.

Overall, the staff was friendly and helpful. They accommodate us leaving before reception opens on our last day, as well as having a taxi ready for us when we needed to leave.

It is not a 5 star hotel - but it was more than sufficient for our needs. I would have liked the bedroom to be a little bit bigger and the furniture in the living room to be a little more comfortable, but overall I was pleased.

They had a flat screen TV in the living room that had HDMI plugs, so I was able to connect my computer to the TV to watch movies and shows that I had brought with me, as well as to look at all of my pictures from each day of traveling around Edinburgh, Glasgow and the Highlands.

I would definitely stay at the Canon Court apartments again and would recommend it to my friends and family!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I stayed in a two bedroom apartment with my parents for three nights. The location was great - access to a number of buses to go into old town and also out to Leith. The receptionist was pleasant and helpful.

I would agree that the decor was a bit dated and in need of some repairs and maintenance, but we found everything to be clean and tidy. It was fair for the price paid for the apartment - don't expect a five-star hotel standard when you aren't paying five-star hotel prices! The size of the bedrooms were great and the beds very comfortable, no complaints at all.

The kitchen was fine for making your own breakfast, but if you wanted to actually cook meals, it may be a bit more of a challenge - and you would need to buy/bring your own basics (oil, salt, pepper).

We used the washing machine, it was an older model - the spin cycle was rather "slow" and we needed to spin our clothes a few times to be able to hang them up. Also, there was no drying rack or dryer available, so we needed to rig up a bit of a drying system (portable clothes line and coathangers).

I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 October 2013

This is the worst place I have ever seen.
Your met by a woman at reception who is very unhelpful bad tempered and obviously very unhappy with her job. As you walk up the stairs to your room you'll notice vomit stained carpets, disgusting carpets and stains all over the walls. When you enter the room it's dull, very dirty, and the furniture is so old it's like being in a history exhibit. Your hit with the foosty smell immediately. The bathroom had a leaky bath with a tide mark round the inside. You are only provided with 5 minutes of hot water which is a joke. Gong into the bedroom we found two twin beds with one quilt which caused such back pain we could hardly walk the next day with no tv. The living room has minging old furniture with marks all over it. The couch had seriously suspicious marks on it. The last time I seen marks like this was on the Tarmac of a runway. The net curtains with fag burns were special too. The kitchen was the worst, stagnant water in the cupboard under the sink dirt everywhere.
We were forced to go to the tesco near us and spend over £20 in cleaning products as the receptionist refused to give me my money back.
Please don't even consider staying here it's awful.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple