“Ok, but NOT 5 Star”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The Balmoral Spa

The Balmoral Spa
Ranked #11 of 69 Spas & Wellness in Edinburgh
More attraction details
Owner description: The Balmoral Spa is the ultimate urban spa experience. A retreat in the heart of the city, The Balmoral Spa offers a sanctuary of personal comfort and total escapism, with the highest levels of personalised service.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Ok, but NOT 5 Star”
Reviewed 22 June 2013

I visited the spa last week and was rather disappointed. Old style lockers with keys and doors that don't close very well, males showers without cubicles, the steam room is dirty with dirty marks on floor and mould stains in the joints of the seats and dark as a bulb out, the pool has a light broken underwater with wires visible and I found a screw on the floor and worst of all no jacuzzi!!!!! A big area for showers which would be much better as a jacuzzi area. Mould and peeling paint on the walls was thr final thing that spoilt the whole look for the place. For a five star hotel it needs investment. The Waldorf at the other end of the street is much better!!

2 Thank Max280107
balmoraledinburgh, Manager at The Balmoral Spa, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Dear Max280107,

I was extremely concerned to read your comments regarding your recent visit to the spa and I am very sorry that you left feeling disappointed with your experience of The Balmoral.

I have personally investigated the concerns that you raised and I would like to extend my sincere apologies for falling short of your expectations. I do believe that the shortcomings you observed are not indicative of our typical high levels of guest care and I am truly sorry for the poor impression this experience has left you with. I would be extremely grateful if you could contact me at your convenience to discuss your experience in further detail.

Kind regards

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Wow, Wow, Wow”
Reviewed 14 June 2013

This was the most amazing experience - wonderful staff, surroundings, robes and quality products! I thoroughly enjoyed the luxury experience and the massage was the best ever! It's a must - you may pay a little more but it is heavenly - treat yourself or someone who deserves it!

2 Thank EdinburghMaggie67
edinburgh
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“AMAZING!”
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I visited the spa with a client with a disability yesterday as part of a birthday gift for her 60th, it was fab,the staff at the restaurant and the spa were amazing. The spa was great and the treatments were tailored to our needs, we were truly treated like queens.My therapist Lisa was truly great she is an asset to theBalmoral. Cant wit to go back again. Heather Hall.

1 Thank heather h
Glasgow, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Best Swedish Massage - ever!”
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Fantastic Spa right in the middle of the city. Great facilities, fantastic pool, steam room and sauna and amazing staff that make you feel like royalty.

We were lucky enough to be staying in the hotel as part of our honeymoon, and used the Spa extensively for swimming, steam room and general relaxing. Complimentary juice and towels are provided as standard if you are hotel guests - not sure for members of public, but likely the same. All the staff that we encountered were lovely, and couldn't do enough for you.

On the final day of our trip, my new husband bought me a Swedish massage for me to enjoy while he was lazing about the pool. Massage was amazing, and made me feel so relaxed. Claire, the therapist, was fantastic. Very friendly, and chatted to me throughout which I much prefer rather than awkward, stilted silence for an hour - ha ha!!!!

Can't fault this place. Would definitely recommend!

Visited May 2013
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Wonderful oasis of peace and calm, but in a fantastic central location!!”
Reviewed 2 June 2013

This was my first visit to the spa and I was truly impressed. All the facilities are fantastic, and the complimentary water, tea, and coffee at the poolside was a lovely touch.

I had the BEST EVER hot stone massage. My therapist, Claire, tailored my treatment to take into account of my recent shoulder surgery, she was very careful, knowledgable, and my massage was just what I needed.

All the staff are very professional, friendly and welcoming.

I would recommed a visit here as soon as you can!!