“Perfect spa experience”
Review of The Balmoral Spa

The Balmoral Spa
Ranked #15 of 78 Spas & Wellness in Edinburgh
More attraction details
Owner description: The Balmoral Spa is the ultimate urban spa experience. A retreat in the heart of the city, The Balmoral Spa offers a sanctuary of personal comfort and total escapism, with the highest levels of personalised service.
Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

Went for the swedish massage .Excellent service, lovely staff and perfect massage. Nice treatment and relaxation room, i felt very welcome. Well worth a visit :-)

Reviewed 1 July 2013

The ESPA Spa at The Balmoral Hotel is a lovely tranquil spot to escape from the bustle above. I enjoyed a great workout in the gym which was nice and quiet on a Sunday morning (good Technogym equipment and all the free weights etc). The little 5 star touches didn't go un-noticed - lovely white towels rolled up and a bowl of fresh apples in the gym. I enjoyed a hot stone back massage, facial and scalp treatment - heaven! The ESPA products are gorgeous and therapist Lisa was excellent. I left utterly relaxed and wishing I could have stayed a bit longer to enjoy the pool. The Sunday newspapers were laid out at the bar where clients can enjoy a free tea/coffee/water which made it a lovely home from home on a Sunday morning. The friendly staff were extremely welcoming and as it is a small intimate environment I felt this made it more relaxing than a huge Spa.

Reviewed 22 June 2013

I visited the spa last week and was rather disappointed. Old style lockers with keys and doors that don't close very well, males showers without cubicles, the steam room is dirty with dirty marks on floor and mould stains in the joints of the seats and dark as a bulb out, the pool has a light broken underwater with wires visible and I found a screw on the floor and worst of all no jacuzzi!!!!! A big area for showers which would be much better as a jacuzzi area. Mould and peeling paint on the walls was thr final thing that spoilt the whole look for the place. For a five star hotel it needs investment. The Waldorf at the other end of the street is much better!!

2  Thank Max280107
balmoraledinburgh, Manager at The Balmoral Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Dear Max280107,

I was extremely concerned to read your comments regarding your recent visit to the spa and I am very sorry that you left feeling disappointed with your experience of The Balmoral.

I have personally investigated the concerns that you raised and I would like to extend my sincere apologies for falling short of your expectations. I do believe that the shortcomings you observed are not indicative of our typical high levels of guest care and I am truly sorry for the poor impression this experience has left you with. I would be extremely grateful if you could contact me at your convenience to discuss your experience in further detail.

Kind regards

Katie McDowall
Spa Manager
0131 622 8880

Reviewed 14 June 2013

This was the most amazing experience - wonderful staff, surroundings, robes and quality products! I thoroughly enjoyed the luxury experience and the massage was the best ever! It's a must - you may pay a little more but it is heavenly - treat yourself or someone who deserves it!

2  Thank EdinburghMaggie67
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I visited the spa with a client with a disability yesterday as part of a birthday gift for her 60th, it was fab,the staff at the restaurant and the spa were amazing. The spa was great and the treatments were tailored to our needs, we were truly treated like queens.My therapist Lisa was truly great she is an asset to theBalmoral. Cant wit to go back again. Heather Hall.

1  Thank heather h