“Spa - Broken Tiles”
Review of The Balmoral Spa

The Balmoral Spa
Ranked #13 of 76 Spas & Wellness in Edinburgh
More attraction details
Owner description: The Balmoral Spa is the ultimate urban spa experience. A retreat in the heart of the city, The Balmoral Spa offers a sanctuary of personal comfort and total escapism, with the highest levels of personalised service.
Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Spa - Broken Tiles”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I stayed in the hotel about three weeks ago and whilst the rooms are lovely, the spa is in need of repair. I found broken tiles around the pool, sharp enough to cut your feet on and the water grill around is broken in places so if you stand on it, you fall through, not only hurting yourself, but looking like a complete spanner!! ;-) I wasnt happy for my son to play at the end in case he hurt himself - come-on Balmoral, youve surely got maintenance guys around the place - get them fixed.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Scott G
balmoraledinburgh, Manager at The Balmoral Spa, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Dear Scott G,

Thank you for your recent review following your stay at The Balmoral. I am pleased to read that you found your bedroom to be lovely but regret that you were disappointed with some of the spa facilities. We have an ongoing maintenance plan to ensure the spa offers a safe environment for our guests and I am very sorry that due to heavy use during our summer period we have overlooked the damaged tiles highlighted in your review. Please be assured that this has now been rectified.
I thank you again for your feedback and hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Balmoral Spa in the future.

Kind regards,

Katie McDowall
Spa Manager

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Perfect spa experience”
Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

Went for the swedish massage .Excellent service, lovely staff and perfect massage. Nice treatment and relaxation room, i felt very welcome. Well worth a visit :-)

Visited July 2013
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Lovely Spa Treatment”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

The ESPA Spa at The Balmoral Hotel is a lovely tranquil spot to escape from the bustle above. I enjoyed a great workout in the gym which was nice and quiet on a Sunday morning (good Technogym equipment and all the free weights etc). The little 5 star touches didn't go un-noticed - lovely white towels rolled up and a bowl of fresh apples in the gym. I enjoyed a hot stone back massage, facial and scalp treatment - heaven! The ESPA products are gorgeous and therapist Lisa was excellent. I left utterly relaxed and wishing I could have stayed a bit longer to enjoy the pool. The Sunday newspapers were laid out at the bar where clients can enjoy a free tea/coffee/water which made it a lovely home from home on a Sunday morning. The friendly staff were extremely welcoming and as it is a small intimate environment I felt this made it more relaxing than a huge Spa.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Ok, but NOT 5 Star”
Reviewed 22 June 2013

I visited the spa last week and was rather disappointed. Old style lockers with keys and doors that don't close very well, males showers without cubicles, the steam room is dirty with dirty marks on floor and mould stains in the joints of the seats and dark as a bulb out, the pool has a light broken underwater with wires visible and I found a screw on the floor and worst of all no jacuzzi!!!!! A big area for showers which would be much better as a jacuzzi area. Mould and peeling paint on the walls was thr final thing that spoilt the whole look for the place. For a five star hotel it needs investment. The Waldorf at the other end of the street is much better!!

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Max280107
balmoraledinburgh, Manager at The Balmoral Spa, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Dear Max280107,

I was extremely concerned to read your comments regarding your recent visit to the spa and I am very sorry that you left feeling disappointed with your experience of The Balmoral.

I have personally investigated the concerns that you raised and I would like to extend my sincere apologies for falling short of your expectations. I do believe that the shortcomings you observed are not indicative of our typical high levels of guest care and I am truly sorry for the poor impression this experience has left you with. I would be extremely grateful if you could contact me at your convenience to discuss your experience in further detail.

Kind regards

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Wow, Wow, Wow”
Reviewed 14 June 2013

This was the most amazing experience - wonderful staff, surroundings, robes and quality products! I thoroughly enjoyed the luxury experience and the massage was the best ever! It's a must - you may pay a little more but it is heavenly - treat yourself or someone who deserves it!

Visited June 2013