“Wonderful stay, fantastic hosts, hope to come back soon!”
Review of Ardmor House

Ardmor House
Ranked #70 of 389 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful stay, fantastic hosts, hope to come back soon!”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We had a wonderful stay last month with Robin and Barry.

After a very long car journey, we were greeted with a heart shaped biscuit each (which Robin had baked) and elderflower cordial which was so refreshing after such a long journey.

Robin was extremely knowledgeable about the local area and provided us with lots of information.

We had a comfortable stay during the week that we were there. Our room was decently sized and furnished lovingly. We especially liked the little snacks left for us each morning and the hot chocolate - a nice touch!

Breakfast is awesome, there is a lot to choose from. Robin makes lovely hot breakfasts. Alex is also lovely.

We also adored Vera the dog. We were lucky to play in the garden with her on our last day. She is such a poppet and an absolute delight.

The bus which takes you into town and to major attractions is outside the front door - so handy! B&B is located just outside of town and nearby lots of restaurants.

We really enjoyed our stay at Ardmor House and we hope to stay again. Thank you Robin, Barry, Vera and Alex for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautifully and lovingly decorated.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Oswestry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I stayed at Ardmor House for a whole week with my elderly parents and we had a really fabulous time. Robin was away when we first arrived but we were welcomed by Alex the housekeeper who went out of her way to welcome us and help us settle in. I was also accompanied by my little dog, who had the pleasure of meeting Vera the schnoodle (poodle x schnauzer) and also being made to feel at home. With a large park almost opposite the house it was surprisingly easy to have a small dog on a city break. Alex was able to assist with our daily trips in Edinburgh (buses every ten minutes virtually outside the house) by recommending the best routes to take.
When Robin returned, he really added to the ambience of the guest house by taking an interest in our trip and making sure we had everything we needed.
With warm sunshine for the whole of our stay I can't recommend this chic and comfortable guest house enough! Would love to return one day.

Room Tip: I had a small but very comfortable room on the ground floor which was sunny and bright in the mornin...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 June 2014

For only a brief stay, Ardmor House and the lovely Robin have left a lasting impression on me. Greeted with my favourite refreshment - Elderflower cordial, and Robin's homemade heart shaped shortcake, the entire experience felt very personal. This place exceeds standards. The house is beautiful and stylish and my breakfast was devine. I would recommend Ardmor House to anyone looking to stay in Edinburgh - I could have stayed there much longer, I felt very at home. Everything is done with love. I will certainly return.

Room Tip: My room overlooked the garden, which was manicured and delightful. I could have sat by Robin's w...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We spent 3 days at Ardmor House and we both loved it! The rooms are big, bright and airy and nothing was too much trouble for our hosts; Robin and Barry. Breakfast was fantastic with a great selection for everyone and the location is brilliant for everything you want to do in the city. It was my first B&B experience in a long time, and based on our time here, I am now a convert! Well done. And Vera the dog was a delight :)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Birmingham
Reviewed 6 June 2014

A 'find'! Great b'n'b about 15 mins walk from Princes St. and on a handy bus route for those who don't want to walk. Room clean, airy, big...and amazingly quiet. Robin and Barry great, unobtrusive hosts who cook A1 breakfasts. And very good value to boot. Hope to return, will recommend.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking garden are really quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Bedminster, New Jersey
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We spent a week at Ardmor House and loved it. We were made to feel at home from the moment we arrived, and enjoyed delicious breakfasts every morning. Our room was very comfortable, with a lot of nice touches, including a heated towel bar, bathrobes, and an electric teakettle. Location is on a quiet street, very convenient for walking and for the city bus, which stops right outside the front door. We had to leave early on our last morning to catch a flight, and Robin packed us a breakfast bag to take along, and arranged our taxi pick-up. Thank you Robin and Alex for helping to make our stay in Edinburgh so lovely! (we also enjoyed playing with Vera the friendly Schnoodle)

Room Tip: Our room was #3 and was very nice and quiet, with a view of the back garden
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank glynnC1951
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 19 May 2014

This is my choice every time I come to Edinburgh! Excellent location, wonderful amenities, room, service, and food. Robin, the host, is friendly and very helpful in getting you settled in. Ardmor House is truly a home away from home - I can't wait to come back!

Room Tip: There are no "bad" rooms here.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends