The Conifers Guest House
US$491
US$181
  • Pool
Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$153
  • Bar/Lounge
Fraser Suites Edinburgh(Edinburgh)
US$207
  • Restaurant
Apex Grassmarket Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$151
Excellent 5/5
US$271
US$226
  • Pool
Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$152
US$222
US$202
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewsbay windowb broom was cleanscottish breakfastsuitefridgesofa
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 June 2012

We stayed in the Conifers Guest House for three nights and it was just amazing. The house is located within walking distance to the centre which is perfect and rooms are beatiful and clean - really very excited about it. Breakfasts were lovely too. David the owner is very nice person who recommended us where to go, what the MUST sees are etc. Nothing was problem...Simply - if I ever go to Edinburg again, I definitely would stay here again.

Thanks,

Hana & Milan from the Czech Republic (stayed there from June 2nd till June 4th, 2012)

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Hana S
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I have never written a NEGATIVE review on tripadvisor but I felt obligated to let you know that this situation was handled very poorly. In January 2012 I booked 2 rooms for 3 nights for mid August 2012 at the Conifers Guest House. Summer is very busy in Edinburgh so I made reservations early. I was emailed a FIRM CONFIRMATION from the owner for our dates. All was set or so I thought.
In May I received an email stating that he CANCELLED my reservations due to "relatives coming from Canada at the same time we booked". He said he tried to contact me a few weeks prior to this CANCELLATION but had a bad email address because his computer with the correct information of my name, phone number, email was not in his possession. The computer was somewhere else. He CANCELLED with NO alternative option in place for my group. Not a good practice in the hospitality industry. When I book with a property and receive a CONFIRMATION, then I expect that CONFIRMATION to be honored. I am sure you all feel the same.

Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
7  Thank traveler779
Reviewed 15 April 2012

We spent two nights at the Conifers and had a lovely, relaxing stay. The room was very comfortable and clean and the breakfast was really nice. We will be coming to stop again hopefully. Liz was very helpful with how was best to get around and were to go to eat - great location to city centre. Thank you very much for a fantastic stay we would recommend it to anyone

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lauren B
Reviewed 11 April 2012

We originally had accomodation booked for across the road, but luckily for us they let us down and we were able to get a two night stay at The Conifers. The owner was very decent and helpful to us, on where to go in Edinburgh and where to avoid. We were there for my husbands 30th, and the accomodation was faultless.
Definitely be back!!

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Crsf4ever
Reviewed 8 April 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights, it was notting great the bathroom had hair stuck in the plug hole,the drinking glasses in our room where dirty. No bottled water in the fridge which would have been a nice touch. one tea bag was left to do us for three days.Notting was replaced when finished. So we wouldnt stay again .

Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family